WTB VHS/SVHS Fansubs and official VHS

Our own online marketplace!
chibiboi
Anime Fan Since: 1995

WTB VHS/SVHS Fansubs and official VHS

Post by chibiboi »

Hi everyone,

I'm willing to buy VHS fansubs from anyone who's looking to get rid of their tapes. I've been reading a lot of tweets from people who say they just throw their tapes away and it's really sad. I'm collecting 1st gen and master VHS/SVHS tapes and digitizing them onto the archive, as well as trading with other fansub collectors. If anyone is looking to get rid of their fansubs, please let me know! I'll save them O:-)

I'm also looking specifically for some officially released VHS tapes of:
1. Ranma 1/2 Martial Mayhem Subtitled (to my knowledge this is the final season that Viz released subtitled on VHS and this is all I need to complete my collection). This is super hard to get a hold of because VHS was heavily getting phased out at this point in time.
2. Fushigi Yugi subtitled VHS Suzaku and Seiryu box sets - These will pop up in nice condition every once in a while on eBay, but the Seiryu box is especially hard to get a hold of in nice condition because again, this was released when VHS was getting phased out by DVDs
3. Any official dub tapes that are TV-edits or cut and exclusive on VHS - For example Yu Yu Hakusho's Toonami tapes that were cut to made it more suitable for the afternoon children's programming block.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: WTB VHS/SVHS Fansubs and official VHS

Post by DKop »

chibiboi wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:54 am Hi everyone,

I'm willing to buy VHS fansubs from anyone who's looking to get rid of their tapes. I've been reading a lot of tweets from people who say they just throw their tapes away and it's really sad. I'm collecting 1st gen and master VHS/SVHS tapes and digitizing them onto the archive, as well as trading with other fansub collectors. If anyone is looking to get rid of their fansubs, please let me know! I'll save them O:-)

I'm also looking specifically for some officially released VHS tapes of:
1. Ranma 1/2 Martial Mayhem Subtitled (to my knowledge this is the final season that Viz released subtitled on VHS and this is all I need to complete my collection). This is super hard to get a hold of because VHS was heavily getting phased out at this point in time.
2. Fushigi Yugi subtitled VHS Suzaku and Seiryu box sets - These will pop up in nice condition every once in a while on eBay, but the Seiryu box is especially hard to get a hold of in nice condition because again, this was released when VHS was getting phased out by DVDs
3. Any official dub tapes that are TV-edits or cut and exclusive on VHS - For example Yu Yu Hakusho's Toonami tapes that were cut to made it more suitable for the afternoon children's programming block.
Hey welcome to the forum. I think I might've found those SM fansubs of yours years ago and saw through the first series which took me a couple of years to do lol.

For Number 3, im part of a few online communities of people who have VHS tapes of TV recordings and put them online for other people to see. I'm sure ive come across digitized Toonami recordings of Yu Yu Hakusho somewhere. Someone does have an entire run of Sailor Moon off Toonami in the late 90's/early 2000's that I have in a folder on my external HD. I have my own recordings of stuff that ive been digitizing as well since 2017, which has been mostly my Toonami recordings in the past 20 or so years. If you want more information or if your looking for something send me a PM, i'll hook you up in sending files your way.
chibiboi

Post by chibiboi »

DKop wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:34 pm Hey welcome to the forum. I think I might've found those SM fansubs of yours years ago and saw through the first series which took me a couple of years to do lol.

For Number 3, im part of a few online communities of people who have VHS tapes of TV recordings and put them online for other people to see. I'm sure ive come across digitized Toonami recordings of Yu Yu Hakusho somewhere. Someone does have an entire run of Sailor Moon off Toonami in the late 90's/early 2000's that I have in a folder on my external HD. I have my own recordings of stuff that ive been digitizing as well since 2017, which has been mostly my Toonami recordings in the past 20 or so years. If you want more information or if your looking for something send me a PM, i'll hook you up in sending files your way.
Oh no way! Actually I started up digitizing tapes again because someone had uploaded my VHS rips onto the Internet Archive, but there were episodes missing and I kept getting emails about it, so I decided to pull my tapes out again and capture the tapes again without any filters and I uploaded the .TS files onto the Internet Archive recently so people can do whatever they want with them (filter them, splice them, or just enjoy the tapes in their entirety as they are).

And I had no idea there was a community of people like that! I'll send you a PM
George W
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by George W »

I have a lot of old anime translated and non-translated I'd be willing to part with in VHS Format.

Do you want me to post a list?
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

PM Sent.
chibiboi

Post by chibiboi »

George W wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:47 am I have a lot of old anime translated and non-translated I'd be willing to part with in VHS Format.

Do you want me to post a list?
Yes that would be great! I’d appreciate it!
chibiboi

Post by chibiboi »

I just acquired a couple volumes of Kodomo no Omocha and Hana Yori Dango, but I'm missing some volumes :( Perhaps someone in this forum has them?