Let's Anime: Force Five

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Let's Anime: Force Five

Post by davemerrill »

let Let's Anime take you back to the early 80s with a look at the forceful super SF robot anime action of Force Five! https://letsanime.blogspot.com/2023/02/ ... h-you.html
1980 force five.jpg
1980 force five.jpg (80.64 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
Fireminer
Anime Fan Since: 2012

Re: Let's Anime: Force Five

Post by Fireminer »

Very interesting article! But if I may add, you forget one more thing carrying the name "Force Five". It was originally a cancelled fighting game on the Atomiswave arcade board, but years after its cancellation, another company bought its assets, made some changes, and released the game under the name "Jingi Storm".

"Force Five" must have had been a really memorable name. It does kind roll off the tongue.
davemerrill

Post by davemerrill »

Fireminer wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:49 am Very interesting article! But if I may add, you forget one more thing carrying the name "Force Five". It was originally a cancelled fighting game on the Atomiswave arcade board, but years after its cancellation, another company bought its assets, made some changes, and released the game under the name "Jingi Storm".

"Force Five" must have had been a really memorable name. It does kind roll off the tongue.
I will stand by my column, secure in the conviction that I don't believe it's possible for me to forget a fact I never knew to begin with.
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

davemerrill wrote:Terry's crew was also responsible for the infamous “Crushers” dub of the Nippon Sunrise film Crusher Joe.
I was talking about Crusher Joe in a facebook group I am a member of and I got to thinking - the clips of Crusher Joe in Bad American Dubbing, is that the Jim Terry dub of Crushers?

Also, that hauling a TV outside to watch cartoons is unfortunately a little too relatable.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
davemerrill

Post by davemerrill »

Those Crusher Joe clips in "Bad American Dubbing" are from "Crushers," yes. What we used for that video remains the best looking copy of "Crushers" I've ever seen; its distribution must have been just about non-existent. And deservedly so.
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Yeah, they must have tried to save a few bucks using the duplicators with dirty heads. :lol:
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.