Hello! Old school fansubber here! :)

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
Paikuhan
Anime Fan Since: 1992

Hello! Old school fansubber here! :)

Post by Paikuhan »

Hey everyone! My name is Jason Salce. I co-founded #fansubs on Efnet/IRC with friend from middle school. We started #fansubs to basically be able to keep in touch since I moved away to go to college. Together our studio was RYS Productions.

I first discovered anime in high school and was hooked. After meeting other people that subtitled Matt and I decided to put our hat in the ring. Did my best to get through as many Yu Yu Hakusho episodes as I could while getting my college degree (I remember Barbara helping me with my homework a few times). I actually stumbled upon this forum just reminiscing about the #fansubs days and seeing who was still around on the Internet. Very cool to see some familiar faces on this forum.

These days I am on year 23 at the patent and trademark office as a patent examiner. I am also a small business owner with a collectibles store that carries mostly vinyl records with a specialization in Japanese music/artists.

Very cool to see all the old school fansubbers here. I have kept in touch with a lot of people from #fansubs and quite a few of them live in Northern Virginia now and we get together all the time.
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: Hello! Old school fansubber here! :)

Post by davemerrill »

Welcome to the board, Paikuhan! Next time I'm in NoVa I'm going to have to visit your store; I can always use more vinyl!
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Welcome! :D
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Welcome to the board! I'm looking forward to some old school fansub chit-chat.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.