RIP AWO In Memoriam project

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

RIP AWO In Memoriam project

Post by davemerrill »

If you listened to the latest Anime World Order (https://www.awopodcast.com) podcast, you might have noticed Daryl mention a thing that Walter Amos and myself started talking about on NYE, the idea of doing an "In Memoriam" segment of the show in which anime fans who are no longer with us are remembered in 2-3 minute segments. There's a call for submissions, so if you have a fan in mind you'd like to say something about, send it on into AWO as a sound file, or write it out and AWO will read it in your stead. I know there have been a few "RIP" posts here and this might be another good way to keep their memories alive.
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: RIP AWO In Memoriam project

Post by davemerrill »

I did record a segment about Derek Wakefield - it turned out to be a bit longer than seven minutes, so maybe my estimation of 2-3 min was a little on the short side. Anyway, I sent it in to AWO and I encourage anyone who has someone they'd like to remember to do the same!
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Re: RIP AWO In Memoriam project

Post by Drew_Sutton »

I have thought about trying to do one about Jarod Nandin, whom I discussed on the forums here when he passed in 2021.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.