What are you Reading?

Discuss manga, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles, and related sub-topics
KAMUISOFT
Anime Fan Since: joining white base

Re: What are you Reading?

Post by KAMUISOFT »

I've been so busy I haven't been able to read much lately, but I did sit down to resume a series I'd unfortunately forgotten the place of: Tsuki no Ko by Shimizu Reiko, a fantastical scifi epic that involves fish, princesses, gender swapping, Chernobyl, and the end of the world?! Well, I somehow lost my place so I'll simply go back to the start. It's a really charming work that caters directly to me. Anything with scifi AND fairytale elements is a sure winner. That being said, I've noticed that Shimizu has a certain way of writing....That is....she goes all in....She has so many ideas you begin to notice how much the work changes as time goes on and it's sort of messy, but I still commend it. I find she works much better with episodic works like Himitsu: The Top Secret as she can explore as many ideas as she wants through isolated cases without compromising the story flow. Regardless, she's a fantastically talented artist who has such a wonderful ethereal quality to her work. She makes me think of the greats in the 70's. I reall wanna grab a copy... But Tsuki no Ko has been out of print forever so the volumes are ridiculously expensive OTL
I would suggest her work to anybody who wants something wildly creative (not necessarily clean lol!). If you like psychological crime stories, Himitsu is as good as they get.
o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ
🌠YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR DESTINY 時の向こう/YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR FUTURE 闇の向こう🌠
gaijinguy
Anime Fan Since: 1975

Post by gaijinguy »

EVOL by Atsushi Kaneko. It rocks.
Retro/vintage manga YT channel GAIJINGUY http://youtube.com/c/gaijinguy
crystalvoyager
Anime Fan Since: 199?

Post by crystalvoyager »

Eden: It's an Endless World and Be-Bop HIghschool currently.