What is this from? [NSFW GIF INSIDE]

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

What is this from? [NSFW GIF INSIDE]

Post by Animusubi »

Saw this on tumblr, and the animation is absolutely gorgeous. Of course there was no source, does anyone know what it's from?
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: What is this from? [NSFW GIF INSIDE]

Post by llj »

Is it Aura Battler Dunbine? Looks like an ending credits animation sequence.
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p-WK76HMAo

Looks like it is! Thanks llj! Gotta add this to my watch list! O:
animusubi
twitter | instagram
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

You can still probably get the Aura Battler Dunbine DVDs by AD Vision for super cheap. Volumes 1-10 can probably still be bought brand new for a few dollars each on rightstuf.com or places like that. However, 11 and 12 were released in limited quantities, so if you didn't buy them when they first came out, it's only available at high prices on eBay and such. I admit that I resorted to the naughty business to finish watching the series. There is no way I'm paying $100+ for a secondhand DVD.

As for Dunbine, it's pretty cool. It's like Gundam meets a fairy tale or something. If you've seen The Vision of Escaflowne, you can see where it drew inspiration from Dunbine. (Although Escaflowne is more like Gundam meets Dungeons and Dragons, to further the analogy.)
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

greg wrote:You can still probably get the Aura Battler Dunbine DVDs by AD Vision for super cheap. Volumes 1-10 can probably still be bought brand new for a few dollars each on rightstuf.com or places like that. However, 11 and 12 were released in limited quantities, so if you didn't buy them when they first came out, it's only available at high prices on eBay and such. I admit that I resorted to the naughty business to finish watching the series. There is no way I'm paying $100+ for a secondhand DVD.

As for Dunbine, it's pretty cool. It's like Gundam meets a fairy tale or something. If you've seen The Vision of Escaflowne, you can see where it drew inspiration from Dunbine. (Although Escaflowne is more like Gundam meets Dungeons and Dragons, to further the analogy.)
HOLY FRIJOLES, you weren't kidding. Whole sets are upwards of $800-$1000 dollars on eBay right now. :( Welp, looks like I'll be putting this on my wishlist for all my local Half Price Books and hope someone trades them in. XD;;
animusubi
twitter | instagram
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

I was going to buy the DVDs a few years ago myself, but I noticed the price for those last volumes and stayed away. I bought the series on Japanese LD instead. Still have to get the OVAs...
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

I have one of the Dunbine volumes and the picture quality of the ADV release is not great. Certainly a far cry from Bandai's Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam DVDs, or CPM's Votoms re-release.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Yeah, Dunbine. Done by the same crew as did Heavy Metal L-Gaim.

Lilis Faw. I still have the model kit here...