Ryoran's WTB List

Our own online marketplace!
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Re: WTB: Ranma 1/2, VHS, Magazines, and MORE!

Post by _D_ »

I'm not in the UK. But shipping to and from Commonwealth countries is actually fairly cheap or else Amazon UK would not be able to offer free/cheap shipping to Canada. A friend buys a lot of Blu Rays from there because they are region free and much less costly than here. Case in point...I was going to buy the Harry Potter box set but it costs $100CAD and only includes 8 discs. The UK set is $65CAD and includes 11 discs and shipping was 2 pounds by airmail! I ended up buying the limited edition steel box set (or most of it anyway) when the discs dropped in price recently but was way tempted to buy the UK set as a gift...
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

I think someone from the UK sending to Canada would have less to gripe about than the reverse. Canada Post's rates in general are a little too high for my tastes, and I think I've even heard people outside of Canada mention how surprised they were at our rates. I paid about $7-8 to send the one game to the UK. The parcel was no bigger than a small book and much lighter. I opted for the cheapest shipping route too. Maybe I'm just living in a different era in my mind, when hamburgers could be bought for under a dollar. :lol:
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

I just imported a 40 pound beta deck from Japan to add to my collection. Usually have to ship stuff via boat...
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Which unit did you buy? Been trying for some time to find an old beta from the UK to transfer some of the tapes I had recorded from there back in the early 80s but no luck. I have lots of good beta decks from here however but I can only get them repaired if I ship them to techs in Southern Ontario. Luckily, the ones I do have are still in good working condition.
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Will tell you model numbers when I reply to your latest PM. As for getting a Beta deck from the UK, have you tried eBay UK? There are a few decks listed right now. I have a friend over there who would probably be willing to act as a middleman, buying the deck and then shipping it off to you (maybe by boat?), if you needed that service...
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Kind of you but it's okay. I figure if I'm going to get one, I'll go there and check it out to make sure it's in good working order and bring it back with me. Still have a few contacts in that country. Thanks for the offer.
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

I think I have a Japanese version of the Music Calendar 1994 that I purchased long ago....right now in storage, never watched since I purchased it in the '90s. It was clips with music to fit the months of that year. But truthfully, I spent so much on it that I was disappointed that it was just video clips from the series to BGM music.
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

kndy wrote:I think I have a Japanese version of the Music Calendar 1994 that I purchased long ago....right now in storage, never watched since I purchased it in the '90s. It was clips with music to fit the months of that year. But truthfully, I spent so much on it that I was disappointed that it was just video clips from the series to BGM music.
Well I'd definitely want something like that in my collection. How much did you buy it for?
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
Armblessed
Anime Fan Since: Fill me in!

Post by Armblessed »

I was at the local Goodwill store yesterday and I happened to notice they had some old Tenchi Muyo VHS tapes. I didnt look that close, but they were in their original sleeves and looked in good shape. One Ryo Ohki, eight or so Tenchi Universe and maybe a Tenchi in Tokyo or two. And I want to say they had 3 Bubblegum Crisis 2040 VHS. Again, I just glanced at them, but if you or someone is interested, I'd make a point of going there again and seeing whats what. Its only a block away. Tapes were 99 cents.