Non-annoying AMVs

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: Non-annoying AMVs

Post by usamimi »

I had the same feeling when I first watched it! It's a very evocative sort of song, isn't it?

I got the new Utena DVD sets Nozomi put out recently...they are AMAZING and I love them. Utena is one of my favorite series of the 90s, it was just really beautiful and thought-provoking.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

I love Pet Shop Boys! And all those 80's new wave bands -- New Order, Depeche Mode, Erasure, OMD, Thompson Twins, The Cure, A-Ha, etc.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

danth wrote:I love Pet Shop Boys! And all those 80's new wave bands -- New Order, Depeche Mode, Erasure, OMD, Thompson Twins, The Cure, A-Ha, etc.
I love 80s music! I still have many 80s albums on vinyl, and a Bowie poster hanging above our computer, lol.
danth

Post by danth »

usamimi wrote:
danth wrote:I love Pet Shop Boys! And all those 80's new wave bands -- New Order, Depeche Mode, Erasure, OMD, Thompson Twins, The Cure, A-Ha, etc.
I love 80s music! I still have many 80s albums on vinyl, and a Bowie poster hanging above our computer, lol.
I'd be amazed if you've ever even heard of most of those!
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

danth wrote:
usamimi wrote:
I'd be amazed if you've ever even heard of most of those!
We've actually used quite a few songs by those artists in the "soundtrack" of our KOR fandub, actually. ;D
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by Heero »

Did you ever see the AMV for Project A-Ko set to Erasure's "Phantom Bride", heh, it's a one trick pony, but hysterical nonetheless. And I can say I remember each and every one of those, even saw 1 of them in concert and I do not go to many concerts. (I think I can count on one hand the number of concerts I've been to)
danth

Post by danth »

I just watched it. God, that is a great song. I can't believe they didn't release that as a single from the Innocence album. One of their best songs, period.

I am on an old-school anime website talking about a Project A-ko AMV featuring one of Erasure's best songs. I should be crying tears of joy. They were alway my favorite band.
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by Heero »

danth wrote:I am on an old-school anime website talking about a Project A-ko AMV featuring one of Erasure's best songs. I should be crying tears of joy. They were alway my favorite band.
Heh, did you appreciate Cartoon Network's "Robot Unicorn Attack", if ONLY because of the revival it brought to Erasure's "Always"? I still have "The Innocents", but I'm annoyed that I can't find "Wild!" because that was a pretty great album too, probably their second best one IMO.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

I was Googling something completely different (I can't even remember what it was), and I found this link to Youtube for an old AMV I remember having on VHS (I think in 98? 99?) that I got from someone and it totally brought back some old memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5-ojeEETNc

Apparently someone still had it on VHS and ripped/uploaded to their Youtube, so it wasn't uploaded by the original creator. It's not THE BEST AMV, but for how old it is, I was surprised it still held up fairly well after not having seen it in ages.
danth

Post by danth »

Heero wrote:
danth wrote:I am on an old-school anime website talking about a Project A-ko AMV featuring one of Erasure's best songs. I should be crying tears of joy. They were alway my favorite band.
Heh, did you appreciate Cartoon Network's "Robot Unicorn Attack", if ONLY because of the revival it brought to Erasure's "Always"? I still have "The Innocents", but I'm annoyed that I can't find "Wild!" because that was a pretty great album too, probably their second best one IMO.
Okay, this is 6 months late, sorry. I need to check this sub-forum more often.

Yes, I bought RUA because of Always. :D

I always liked Wonderland and The Circus better than Wild. Hell, I probably like Chorus and I Say I Say I Say better than Wild. Probably because I never heard any of the Wild songs on the radio, ever. I don't really like anything they made after I Say I Say I Say. :(