My WTB/T list

Our own online marketplace!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

My WTB/T list

Post by usamimi »

I mentioned in my intro that when I moved across the country, I sadly had to sell/give away a fair amount of my collection. If anyone out there has anything on my list (or can easily obtain them) for a reasonable price OR has things they're also looking for, I'd love to know! (* denotes a title/vol I'm ESPECIALLY looking for!)

Anime DVDs:
-Urusei Yatsura tv vols 8-50
-Kimagure Orange Road OAVs
-Crusher Joe collection*
-City Hunter (any season)
-Birdy the Mighty OAVs (esp vol 2 "Final Force"*)
-Gall Force (the collection, but especially vol 3 "Stardust War"*)
-Neo-Tokyo *
-Gunsmith Cats*
-Marmalade Boy seasons 2-4 (esp. season 3*)
-Hyperdolls
-any Magical Project S (esp. vol 1*)
-The Guyver collection
-Baoh *
-Barefoot Gen
-GoShoGun/Time Stranger
-Kodomo no Omocha/Kodocha (season 1)
-similar stuff to anything above
-any pre-00s ecchi stuff

VHS Tapes:
-Those Obnoxious Aliens*
-Super-Deformed Double Feature*
-Blue Sonnet vol 2*
-Iczer 3 vol 3
-My Youth in Arcadia
-Neo-Tokyo*
-Mermaid's Forest
-Fire Tripper
-The Laughing Target
-One Pound Gospel
-Grey Digital Target
-Compiler
-Hyperdoll
-Crusher Joe*
-Ultimate Teacher*
-Time Fighters
-Gunbuster
-Unico (either film)
-Orge Slayer
-Journey Through Fairyland
-Sailor Moon "Doom Tree" VHS set
-Any of the original bright pink 1st DiC American Sailor Moon VHS
-Birdy the Mighty
-Junk Boy
-Any of the "Tales Of" titles by U-Jin
-random cute ecchi stuff
-fansubs of random stuff that has Japanese commercials included

Manga:
-*Please Save My Earth English vols 7, 13
-*Domu: A Child's Dream English collection
-Japanese Urusei Yatsura (I'm missing some near the end of the series...I'll have to look up which vols I have)
-Japanese Ranma 1/2 (same as above)
-Japanese Kimagure Orange Road (all)
-*Japanese Sailor Moon (1st printing especially, I'm missing about half the series)
-Any Ippongi Bang graphic novels
-Any Narumi Kakinouchi graphic novels (English or Japanese)
-Any Jojo's Bizarre Adventures (Japanese)

*Any old Viz-In newsletters, Animerica back issues, Protoculture Addicts back issues, AniMag, ect--esp. ones that that feature Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Kimagure Orange Road, Sailor Moon, old-school magical girls, Bubblegum Crisis, Utena, or similar.

*Also old "phonebook" manga magazines from the 70s, 80s, & 90s--esp. Ririka, Nakayoshi, Ame, Run-Run, Shounen Sunday/Jump, Big Comic Spirits (only if it has something I'd like in it :P), etc etc.

*Old Japanese Animage, Newtype, Out, Animedia, and similar magazines from that era as well, I'd definitely be interested in.

There's more that I'm looking for, I'll be adding to this later.

I have a selling journal with various things for sale--I'd be willing to do trades for anything I'm looking for: http://un-birthdaycake.livejournal.com

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by usamimi on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 am, edited 22 times in total.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Re: My WTB/T list

Post by Animusubi »

I have a Magaret from 2005 and two Ribon from 2001. I also have some of the furoku that came with them. I dunno if you might be interested in them, I was going to donate them otherwise.

I wish I had known you were looking for Japanese Sailor Moon, I used to have 3 of the volumes but sold them on eBay. I do have one of Tokyopop's "Meet the Scouts: Sailor Moon" though.

Now that I know your list though, I can keep an eye out when I got searching for things. :) I do end up finding volumes of Ranma 1/2 I already have too, so whatever I find that I already have I'll let you know about.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

ryoran wrote:I have a Magaret from 2005 and two Ribon from 2001. I also have some of the furoku that came with them. I dunno if you might be interested in them, I was going to donate them otherwise.

I wish I had known you were looking for Japanese Sailor Moon, I used to have 3 of the volumes but sold them on eBay. I do have one of Tokyopop's "Meet the Scouts: Sailor Moon" though.

Now that I know your list though, I can keep an eye out when I got searching for things. :) I do end up finding volumes of Ranma 1/2 I already have too, so whatever I find that I already have I'll let you know about.
Hmmm, I might be interested in them, depending on what series they featured at the time! If you can take a photo of any of them, that'd be helpful!

Aww, nuts! XD That's ok, though. I'm not too interested in the storybooks, though, but thanks! And thanks for offering to keep a lookout for me, I really appreciate it ;3;
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

usamimi wrote:-Dr. Slump English vols 9, 11
:o Dr. Slump is in English now? I just looked on Amazon, and it's been out for several years now. I totally missed that! I had no idea!
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:
usamimi wrote:-Dr. Slump English vols 9, 11
:o Dr. Slump is in English now? I just looked on Amazon, and it's been out for several years now. I totally missed that! I had no idea!
Yeah, sadly it's out of print already and vols 9 & 11 are becoming scarce. ;__; I haven't been able to find them anywhere for less than crazy amounts of money. *sigh*
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Updated with a few more things I'm looking for, as well as a link to some stuff I have for sale. (I'll probably be updating it next month with some more stuff, too.)
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

I had lots of phone book sized manga issues but had to dump them all when I moved. Since I cannot read Japanese it wasn't a horrid loss. The English language stuff might be at my bud's store. I would have to check. I'll try to remember this post when I am there again in a day or two.

Lots of stuff I used to collect such as these:

usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Thanks for checking if you do! That would be awesome. :D
Ooooh, shitajiki! I used to have tons of them. I only have a few left now, sadly.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

I showed your list to a bud of mine who owns a comics shop and sadly, none of the titles you have listed are available. Most of course can be found online at inflated prices. Lots are Tokyo Pop titles which went out of print when the company ceased operation in North America. The people taking it over are saying they want to get back into publishing manga but I fear lots of titles will never be reprinted.

As for the DVDs, my friend is going to get rid of them eventually as he no longer intends to rent them. I doubt if they will go cheap though as many of the titles are also out of print. Physical media seems to be on the decline in North America, especially the DVD format where even in town here the pawn shop is "buy 2 get 3 free". I was there yesterday and Blu Rays are down to "buy 2 get 1 free" already. Then, there is all the downloading and pirate streaming sites which have contributed to poor sales. For legit outfits, the future is streaming like Netflix, so we may see lots of stuff eventually up there. But when? Who knows....
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Yeah sadly I had to sell a ton of my old stuff when I moved...I really regret it now :/ I know sometimes there's always the off chance that people have titles they don't care for anymore, or sometimes people manage to find stuff like these in used bookstores or pawn shops...you never know, right? ;) so I always keep my eye out.