The "ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THIS?" Thread

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

The "ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THIS?" Thread

Post by Animusubi »

This thread is for reporting things you saw (maybe at a thrift store, a good deal online, etc) that other users might be interested in. I know I see a lot I don't buy myself, but then I think "I wonder if anyone else is looking for this...?".

For me personally, I don't mind picking anything I post up for someone if they happen to be there again when I go back, depends. I try to go once a week or will sometimes go back the next day. So I can't guarantee these are still there when I go back, and will only require you to pay me how much it costs plus $5+shipping if you want it. I may not even charge the $5, but some of the places are out of the way so you're just paying my gas. XD;
Last edited by Animusubi on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: The "What I saw but didn't buy" Thread

Post by usamimi »

Garzey's Wing you can find on Amazon for less than $2 + like $3 shipping, so even if someone else buys it first, you still have options for getting it cheap.

I always heard Sakura Diaries was cute, but I've never watched it. I've heard it compared to Golden Boy, which I always liked. $10 is actually a good price for that, it seems to go for $13+ used on Amazon.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Actually, I saw something, and I did buy it because it's a really great deal: Cyber City Oedo is only $3.43 on Amazon.com! I've never seen this anime before, but for that price, heck, why not?
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:Actually, I saw something, and I did buy it because it's a really great deal: Cyber City Oedo is only $3.43 on Amazon.com! I've never seen this anime before, but for that price, heck, why not?
Oh wow, that's a great find! I already have all of Cyber City or I'd buy it, too--the dub is probably one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I've ever seen. Manga really threw in as much creative swearing as humanly possible with that one. xD Some prime examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDWJMZFSrC0 (The last line is my favorite. NSFW language, obviously.)
greg

Post by greg »

I understand that the UK dubbed version of Oedo has a rescored hard rock soundtrack that supposedly better fits the cyberpunk atmosphere of the show. People say that the voices in the dub are more suited to the characters, too. Unfortunately, this DVD does not feature the UK version with the updated soundtrack. I'd be interested in experiencing both to compare. I'm not so big on voice changes, but I did see the comparison of soundtracks on YouTube and the redone music does sound nice.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

I liked Oedo. It's classic Kawajiri. I hope you tell us what you think after watching it.
greg

Post by greg »

I think I'll get the package by the end of the week.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Re: The "ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THIS?" Thread

Post by Animusubi »

Today's Goodwill finds I didn't buy:

Ghost Sweeper Mikami Japanese manga, later volumes scattered from Vol 20+. I REALLY considered just buying this myself anyways, to hold onto in case anyone was ever looking for them, since I myself don't know much about the series other than it's old. The books were like .99 a piece, well worth it considering how much a lot of 8 goes for on eBay. I may go back for these anyways, they were really nice looking.

There was another manga series there too, really old looking, if I go back tomorrow I'll see what series it is, it was a shoujo manga from the early 90's. I tried memorizing the name but I totally forgot. LOL

There's a few Animerica Extras too, they've been there for weeks.

Bootleg Chinese subs of several Kamen Rider series (Agito was one of them, can't remember the other names). They looked like newer series though.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Oh man, that's awesome! I love Ghost Sweeper and I've always wanted to check out the manga, but it's pretty long & I can't afford any long series at the moment. :(
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

Find me a copy of Please Save My Earth soundtrack compact disk volume two. I will pay whatever your cost. You will see a picture of a boy standing next to the moon on the cover. Plus, I will add $25 for finding it.
***^__^***