AKB48's Minami Minageshi's Public Apology

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: AKB48's Minami Minageshi's Public Apology

Post by usamimi »

wow, I didn't even hear about that! That's insane. D:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Yep. Here's the video. AKB48 makes me sick.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by Heero »

I think some of them (Maeda specifically comes to mind) know exactly what they're doing and know best how to work the system. There are most certainly some they aren't fully aware what they're signing up for and have difficulty. I think the majority are somewhere in-between. I agree with you on the "kid holding boobs" thing (WTF?!?) and really the whole gravure industry is just one small step above Playboy (altho, I guess on par with the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, and how many American guys grab that thing?).

I just can't get "disgusted" about the group simply because "that's entertainment". We say "we'd NEVER do that here in America", but just looking at MTV ("Teen Mom" comes immediately to mind) or other cable shows, how many American companies would do the same if they figured the price was right, and (on the other side) how many people would jump at the chance for fame and (potential) fortune? Hell, how many people debase themselves FOR FREE on YouTube?
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Very true. I wasn't even aware of a TV show called "Teen Mom," but I am not surprised. Speaking of nostalgia, remember when MTV used to show MUSIC VIDEOS? :lol: It's unheard of these days. But to me and my Western way of thinking, placing all these unrealistic expectations is both damaging to these idols as well as a disservice to their fans by propgating these concept that these are not real people.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page