Mangajin magazine, and how it changed my life forever

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Re: Mangajin magazine, and how it changed my life forever

Post by kndy »

usamimi wrote:Nice! My ex's cousin lent us a whole box full of em once, but my ex made sure that he took them when we split up (DRATS! XD lol). I think they had 1-5 in there, too.
Wow...#1-#5 are hard ones to find...actually anything before #15 is hard to find...lol...but back then...it was more educational and I was more intent to purchasing all my comic books, manga, then anime magazines and Mangajin was the last in priority until later on when I decided to minor in Japanese.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

kndy wrote:
usamimi wrote:Nice! My ex's cousin lent us a whole box full of em once, but my ex made sure that he took them when we split up (DRATS! XD lol). I think they had 1-5 in there, too.
Wow...#1-#5 are hard ones to find...actually anything before #15 is hard to find...lol...but back then...it was more educational and I was more intent to purchasing all my comic books, manga, then anime magazines and Mangajin was the last in priority until later on when I decided to minor in Japanese.
Well, his cousin was an English teacher in Japan for a while, so I think he started buying them as soon as they came out. I wish I could ask him if he still had them, but I have no way to get a hold of him anymore. :/ Shame.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

Looks like someone who had all the earlier issues, put it up online:

http://www.thespectrum.net/features/mangajin/
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Oh awesome!! I'm totally gonna read some of these later. >D