Viz Survey

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Viz Survey

Post by usamimi »

Viz has a new survey up specifically for anime right now: http://bit.ly/1dySKoa

They have a section where you can suggest any anime that's currently unlicensed or unreleased here in America...which would be the perfect chance to suggest stuff like Maison Ikkoku or Urusei Yatsura to go with their new Ranma announcement. (They also have a "which of these titles is your favorite?" question where one of the titles is Ranma 1/2...the rest are all newer titles, unless you count Berserk's new movie series.)

You can also win random stuff taking the series, so why not?
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Re: Viz Survey

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

Just took the survey, thanks for the heads-up usamimi!
Mike Toole
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Mike Toole »

The Ranma entry on this survey jumped out at me, too. Viz are rolling it out on several platforms (blu-ray, DVD reissue, Neon Alley, and probably a VOD streaming option too) and will probably watch how it performs with great interest. I'm hoping they'll do a rescue of Maison Ikkoku if it does well.

Everyone should take this survey!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Mike Toole wrote:The Ranma entry on this survey jumped out at me, too. Viz are rolling it out on several platforms (blu-ray, DVD reissue, Neon Alley, and probably a VOD streaming option too) and will probably watch how it performs with great interest. I'm hoping they'll do a rescue of Maison Ikkoku if it does well.

Everyone should take this survey!
Yeah, I definitely wonder if that's why they put it in there...to see if older anime fans would be vocal enough about older titles. I REALLY do hope it does well enough for them to consider Maison Ikkoku. I mean, compared to Ranma it's shorter...and I think that in this time of romantic comedies being insanely popular with newer anime fans, it COULD do well. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*