The Show Off Your Video Games Stuff Thread

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

The Show Off Your Video Games Stuff Thread

Post by Daniel »

Got a collection of video games that you'd like to show pictures of?

Just came back from a shopping trip with some nice games?

Here's the thread dedicated to showing off all your video game stuff...!

(I don't have any photos to post at the moment, but I'm making this thread in case anyone wants to use it...!)
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Re: The Show Off Your Video Games Stuff Thread

Post by kndy »

I have way too many video games to post photos but I am trying to keep in track of limited edition box sets that I own. Majority of the photos can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kndynt2099 ... 042943751/
Anime-Kyo-Uk
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by Anime-Kyo-Uk »

I still have my PC-Engine, and some games too!
Attachments
My last working Pc-Engine Duo-R-X
My last working Pc-Engine Duo-R-X
PCE-sm.jpg (29.67 KiB) Viewed 6890 times
Some of the games I still like to play!
Some of the games I still like to play!
PCEngine_ (1)-sm.JPG (76.53 KiB) Viewed 6890 times
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Here is my game collection. Click on each image for larger sizes, m-kay?
Here we have my anime/video game soundtrack collection on the top row. There are actually a few more CDs to add to this collection, but I'll have to reorganize. Next to those are my North American Sega Genesis games. The loose cartridges are floating on top of the soundtracks, along with a couple of Saturn cartridges. The second row down is my J Megadrive collection. I actually just added Rolling Thunder 2 and Darius 2 to this selection tonight when they arrived in the mail.
3rd row down features my Sega Mega CD games. To the right of those? That's just my Monty Python DVD box set. They're just there for the time being until I can find a more logical place to put them. Laying on top of the Mega CD games is my Super Gameboy and the very few Gameboy games I own (all unboxed). On the bottom row are more Mega CD games, but they aren't keepers. I'm deciding what to do with them. I'd bought a few Mega CD lot sets off YAJ, and those are the extras I don't care to have. Next to those are my PC Engine HuCard games.

To the right of that is...
The top row is my PC Engine CD/Super CD games. These continue to the 2nd row down. Just past halfway there starts my Saturn collection. The Saturn games continue down to the 5th row from the top. On that 5th row, there begins my NA Playstation collection. The 6th row continues, until you see the ones with the white spines. those are the J Playstation games. Those end on the next row down, where you see the J Dreamcast games. On the very bottom row, nearly halfway there is my NA Dreamcast games.

Again, clicking on these images allows you to zoom way in and you can even read the titles of many of these games.

Continuing to the right is is where I store all the grilled cheese sandwiches I've accidentally burned over the years.
Just kidding! It's just more video games. Lying on the very tip top are some Sufami Turbo games. The first row starts my NA DS collection. On the 2nd shelf down begins my J DS collection. Then there are the Atlus LE box DS games: Ys Books I&II, Luminous Arc 2, and Super Robot Taisen OG Saga. At the tail end are three GBA games that I created boxes for. They are DS boxes and there is a website you can print out your own covers. Golden Sun 1 and 2 for the GBA can be bought cheaply, but to buy them with boxes is insane. So, I made my own display boxes by printing them out from an SD card at Office Max back in the States. The same goes for Pocky & Rocky & Becky next to them! On the 3rd row are my NA GBA games, then starts the J GBA games. It's easy to tell where the NA ones end and the J ones begin. On the next row down is my modest Neo Geo Pocket Color collection (all Japanese), followed by my boxed Atari Lynx games. The Lynx is the only Atari console I deemed worthwhile holding onto. (I sold my Jaguar years ago with the very few games worth playing on it, and I liquidated my 2600 and 7800 games collection before I moved to Japan.) I have a lot more Lynx games, unboxed, in the sexy Lynx carrying case I have. On the 5th row are my PSP games, several NA games and even more J ones. The J PSP games slowly began outnumbering the NA ones a while back. On the bottom row I first have the LE box of La Pucelle Ragnarok (supposed to be similar to Disgaea, but haven't played it yet), the only two boxed SNES games I held onto (Secret of Mana and Ys III), four NA Saturn games, three NA Sega CD games (of course, I own Lunar 1 and 2, but I only have a burn copy of Snatcher), 3 J Game Cube games, a few NA GC games, and three Dreamcast games that came in DVD covers instead of the regular CD jewel cases.

Moving right along...
Laying on top of the top row games are several LE boxes and some Bomberman multitaps (for SFC and Saturn.) The top row are all my J PS2 games. I never owned a domestic PS2, so I don't own any domestic PS2 games. They're all Japanese, except Odin Sphere, which is Korean, and I bought that one because it has everything in Japanese with English text! On the second row is my NA Xbox collection, with a few J Xbox games. Then here is where my Super Famicom collection begins.

Oh look, here's more Super Famicom games. Look at all the lose cart-only games I have. Sheesh. The games in the cabinet actually need to be moved into their boxes so that I can make room for more. The two gray boxes are SFC cart cases. The black one on the bottom that says N64 are actually my North American SNES games. I never bothered with owning an N64 because I always thought that system sucked. I don't think a single RPG ever came out for the N64. The black case actually has a nice drawer inside and it fits both SNES and N64 carts.

So there's my big ass game collection. It's actually smaller than those of some people I know.
Last edited by greg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed image links
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

Well it's bigger than mine. I gotta nab a digital camera and take a picture of my collection sometime. I don't have a DS or PSP or a Mega CD so that may account for my lesser collection. My family still thinks I have too many games, but I think my entire game collection could probably fit into a medium sized 5-shelf bookcase.

Haha, I notice you got Trouble Shooter for the Genesis. What self respecting anime fan doesn't? It's basically the Dirty Pair for the Genesis! Do you have the sequel on the MD? Now that's a hard game to get.

Did you know in the Japanese version of Trouble Shooter AKA Battle Mania, you could do a code to get this cute little pre-game sequence?

I guess the developers of this game really hated Nintendo. :lol:
greg

Post by greg »

That's funny! I've never seen that before. They had good reason to hate Nintendo. The Megadrive/Genesis was never popular in Japan. It couldn't compete with the Super Famicom and the PC Engine. Sega's only really successful console in Japan was the Saturn, which ironically flopped outside of Japan. Telling Japanese people that the Megadrive (Genesis) was so popular in America is interesting to see their reactions. It's like how we hear of how insanely popular the Sega Master System was (is) in Brazil.

I bought Trouble Shooter after learning that it was heavily inspired by Dirty Pair. The Japan-only sequel fetches a high price, but then again the first game is a bit expensive too. I'm glad I only paid $4 for mine (used) back in the day. I believe the domestic Genesis one has gone up in value, too.

Well, if your folks think you have too many games, just show them the pictures of my crap and tell them, "Just be glad I'm not like THAT guy!" :lol: But as you can see, I have more than enough games to entertain me. I've stopped with the previous generation (DC, PS2, GC, Xbox) and I've called it quits. I may get a 3DS someday, but I'm okay with what I have. Everything is too gimmicky now, nickel and diming you with microtransactions. And now everybody is switching to iPad games, rubbing their greasy fingerprints all over their iPad screens. Personally, I think that's gross. It appeals to the casual gaming crowd, so it's good for that, but being the annoying, pretentious hipster I am, I can't get into all that. "Hmm... it's only an additional $2 to get the level 10 demon sword... heck, why not? Ruh-hurrr!" I don't need to hook my SNES up to the Internet just to play a game, and I don't have to put up with idiot kids repeating swear words they just learned from watching South Park. If I wanted to be social, I wouldn't play video games. If I want to play multiplayer, I'd rather do it with friends gathered in front of a TV set. That way, if anyone calls me a "fag," I can just reach over and hit him with my Hello Kitty purse.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

Awesome photos Greg! Great collection!
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

Here are some games that I have at my parents' house. They are either games I've completely finished, don't want, only want to play once in a while, or just too much of a hassle to have lying around in my own apartment.

yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

I got some games to post as soon as I figure out my scanner and camera. They work fine I just have not used them after I bought them. I will post some pics soon.
***^__^***
greg

Post by greg »

Wow, that Eternal City cover has artwork by Masamune Shirow. I just watched a YouTube video by somebody who obviously doesn't know how to play the game. It looks like it's worth a play to see what it's like. Is it a game you like, or did you just buy it for the cover?
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page