The Anime Nostalgia Podcast & Blog

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: The Anime Nostalgia Podcast & Blog

Post by usamimi »

danth wrote:I've now listened to the first four episodes. They're just great. I've tried a lot of anime podcasts and so far I've only liked two: Anime World Order and Anime Nostalgia.

I noticed when you have a guest I hear you in one ear and your guest in the other. That struck me as a bit odd. Just a technical issue.

But seriously, fantastic job. Charming and on topic.
Aww, thank you so much, Danth! I'm so glad you enjoy it!

The guests that I have via Skype I record with a Skype recorder, and for some reason it records that way. I've tried to see if I could fix that, but it seems like I'm stuck with it. The very first episode and the most recent, however, I've had the people with me in-room, so it's not split like that, at least. XD

I'm actually recording another episode tonight, yay!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

I loved this episode! Some information was new to me, and other information brought on a wave of pure nostalgia and joy!

My first Studio Ghibli film was Princess Mononoke (dubbed), and I instantly fell in love with it. at the time, I was devouring any anime I could get my hands on, and I'm very thankful that my local video rental store had that tape in stock.

I do have to admit...I actually enjoy Warriors of the Wind. It's not nearly as good as Nausicaa, but I still enjoy it. Plus, you've gotta love that box art - interesting use of the Star Trek font.

I really enjoyed you and Nitro analyzing the edits to some of these films as well, although that may be because I'm a big fan of the "No Cuts" story.

Great job usamimi and Nitro!
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Aww! Thank you so much, Kame-Sen'nin! I'm so glad you enjoyed the new episode! I still think it's such a weird coincidence that Miyazaki announced his retirement while I was in the middle of editing it. Talk about timing, huh?

lol, well, I should've pointed out that when I first saw Warriors of the Wind, I /DID/ like it...it wasn't until I was a teenager and discovered Nausicaa that I really went back and was like "UGH, WHAT DID THEY DOOOOO?!". But when I was a little one, it was a pretty awesome thing to have. That box art is definitely a product of the 80s, lol. XD

I'm glad that I could share something new AND make you feel nostalgic at the same time! That's something I definitely like doing. :D
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

OH DANTH! You'll be happy to hear I finally figured out how to get the blasted Skype recorder to record it so we're both in stereo now instead of each of us on separate sides! Haha :lol: Took me long enough to figure it out...
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

I've found myself checking your blog hoping you have a new podcast up. Can't wait for the next episode!
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

danth wrote:I've found myself checking your blog hoping you have a new podcast up. Can't wait for the next episode!
Aww, thanks Danth! I'm actually in the process of editing a new one right now, hopefully it'll be up within a week!
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

i really enjoyed listening to your review of the Utena series. I am very big fan of Utena because of the music, artwork, symbolism, and dark story line. I will be listening to the rest of your episodes. Keep making more!
***^__^***
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

yusaku wrote:i really enjoyed listening to your review of the Utena series. I am very big fan of Utena because of the music, artwork, symbolism, and dark story line. I will be listening to the rest of your episodes. Keep making more!
Thank you very much! Utena is definitely a favorite of mine, I had a lot of fun re-watching it after not having seen it for so long. :D And yes, I'll definitely be keep making the podcast as long as I can!
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

A little later than I originally anticipated, but a new ep of the podcast is up: http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/6 ... cast-ep-06

This one is a shorter episode of just me, answering the "40 Anime Questions" meme that's been floating around Tumblr. I'll be posting a longer, guest-topic episode near the end of the month, though. :D
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

New episode is up! Talkin' about Ghost in the Shell: http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/6 ... cast-ep-07

I think I might switch back to recording it how I did previously...I think the sound quality suffered a little bit in this episode from the last time I talked to NewtypeLady (who you might remember from the Gundam ep). I guess we'll see. (I'm still trying to get the hang of this, lol.) Anyway, hope you all enjoy~