The Time Capsule

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Re: The Time Capsule

Post by kndy »

ryoran wrote:
kndy wrote:Image

It's funny...I kept all my autograph/sketches but I gave away as donations to other clubs or conventions for giveaways of my J-Pop autographed posters or memorabilia. Aside from the autographs or sketches, its a must (if I can get it), a picture of the person signing the autograph or a picture of or with them.
Oh man, super jealous of the Ranma ones I see on your wall! O: Who signed those?
On the right is Megumi Hayashibara, On the left were the original English dub actors for Ranma and Akane that showed up along with Megumi at Anime America 1995. Missed Kappei Yamaguchi at Sakura-Con a few years ago, we interviewed him, but unfortunately sometimes even the people we interview, they are rushed out so quickly before we can get anything.

But after seeing our posts on here....I found a young fan who has somehow gotten so many sketches and autographs in the last few years.... And here I thought rarely anyone gets any sketches during the 2000's...lol..

http://www.theanimereality.com/2009/09/ ... ine-gg-em/

greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Oh, yes! The KOR novel! There were two, actually. My wife read those a few times. I was glad when they eventually made an anime of the books, and it was released domestically. I'm not sure if the anime covered everything in the book, though.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
kndy

Post by kndy »

Hi everyone,

Looks like the Artifacts of Anime Fandom is dead on Flickr as no one is maintaining it, so I've moved my archived images files to:

The Anime & Manga Historical Archive (1950-2000).

http://www.flickr.com/groups/anime-mang ... l-archive/

So, if anyone is scanning covers, newsletters or anything about anime fandom and are utilizing Flickr for your images to post on message boards, please add your photo on the following group as well if possible:
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Cool, joined the group! I don't have anything to add to it (at least right now), but if I find anything I'll be certain to add it. :D
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
kndy

Post by kndy »

usamimi wrote:Cool, joined the group! I don't have anything to add to it (at least right now), but if I find anything I'll be certain to add it. :D
Thanks usamimi!
kndy

Post by kndy »

Two more added to the wall - Furuhashi Kazuhiro and Matsumoto Izumi. Thank you to the awesome people who made it happen. I'm very grateful!

labsenpai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by labsenpai »

kndy, I know a fan named Dennis who lives in Buena Park CA, which seems oddly coincidental.