A twofold post, an idea for a new feature and a question.

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Re: A twofold post, an idea for a new feature and a question

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Ben wrote:
AnimeSennin wrote:Interesting idea. I'm always open to comments/suggestions/criticisms, so keep them coming!

There is currently no wiki-like functionality on the website, but in any case why not start out this idea by creating a thread in the forum? Then anyone could reply to the thread to add sites. Whoever started the thread could keep a running list in the first post of all the sites gathered so far as well, if they wanted to.
I will get going on this, I think that's a great idea. I'm going to make an ODF document with some, too, so I don't lose any again. Also, one thing I've noticed revisiting those old sites, is that in the 90's people who had DBZ sites seemed just as interested in reviewing other people's pages as working on their own. :lol: Finding Dr. Gero's Laboratory jogged my memory a bit, there was another site called Minnaro's World (I think) I'm looking for now.
This sounds neat, let me know if you'd like someone to help with the contributions!
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
Ben
Anime Fan Since: Early 90's

Re: A twofold post, an idea for a new feature and a question

Post by Ben »

Drew_Sutton wrote:
Ben wrote:
AnimeSennin wrote:Interesting idea. I'm always open to comments/suggestions/criticisms, so keep them coming!

There is currently no wiki-like functionality on the website, but in any case why not start out this idea by creating a thread in the forum? Then anyone could reply to the thread to add sites. Whoever started the thread could keep a running list in the first post of all the sites gathered so far as well, if they wanted to.
I will get going on this, I think that's a great idea. I'm going to make an ODF document with some, too, so I don't lose any again. Also, one thing I've noticed revisiting those old sites, is that in the 90's people who had DBZ sites seemed just as interested in reviewing other people's pages as working on their own. :lol: Finding Dr. Gero's Laboratory jogged my memory a bit, there was another site called Minnaro's World (I think) I'm looking for now.
This sounds neat, let me know if you'd like someone to help with the contributions!
I'm actually going to start a thread, now, Drew. So feel free to contribute! I'm kicking around the idea of making my own links page later, but I'll just start this thread for random recommendations.