The "Check this item out on eBay" Thread

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Re: The "Check this item out on eBay" Thread

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Took me way longer than it should have and meant to but I finally got some photos of that Fujiko phone stand.

Here she is all boxed up.

And out of box on the couch.

I have a feeling she's going to wind up in a Buy/Sell/Trade Thread here soon.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Ah, how cute! I love stuff like that, heh. XD
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Ok, so not an eBay auction, but I saw someone on a local craigslist trying to sell 18 random Ranma 1/2 tapes for $75. Because they were "collector's items". :lol: I was gonna take a screencap, but it got pulled already before I thought to do so. (I hope no one actually paid the guy that much for them or something!)
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

Saw this person on tumblr selling a 55 anime laserdisc lot on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Anime-Lase ... ken=cUgayN

If you were to win it at the price shown, that'd be like $4.50 per laserdisc. I've always wanted an anime laserdisc collection, of course I can't afford this. XD;;;
usamimi wrote:Ok, so not an eBay auction, but I saw someone on a local craigslist trying to sell 18 random Ranma 1/2 tapes for $75. Because they were "collector's items". :lol: I was gonna take a screencap, but it got pulled already before I thought to do so. (I hope no one actually paid the guy that much for them or something!)
That is way too much. I've been seeing that a lot lately, people trying to sell Ranma VHS for way more than they are worth. I think they are worth at most, $2 per VHS used, and even that is generous.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

ryoran wrote:Saw this person on tumblr selling a 55 anime laserdisc lot on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Anime-Lase ... ken=cUgayN

If you were to win it at the price shown, that'd be like $4.50 per laserdisc. I've always wanted an anime laserdisc collection, of course I can't afford this. XD;;;
usamimi wrote:Ok, so not an eBay auction, but I saw someone on a local craigslist trying to sell 18 random Ranma 1/2 tapes for $75. Because they were "collector's items". :lol: I was gonna take a screencap, but it got pulled already before I thought to do so. (I hope no one actually paid the guy that much for them or something!)
That is way too much. I've been seeing that a lot lately, people trying to sell Ranma VHS for way more than they are worth. I think they are worth at most, $2 per VHS used, and even that is generous.
wow, that's a great lot! wish I could bid on it, but I'm in the same boat :lol:

RIGHT?! I don't understand why people seem to think they're worth more than that...it's not like Ranma tapes were ever THAT hard to find... ;)
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Wow, that's an instant LD collection waiting to happen. What's great is that the majority of them are subbed. But if one is a cracked disc, why not just trash it?
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Ok, I found this "Aftermarket" VHS of Princess Mononoke...read the snazzy box text: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Prince ... 1e913806ad

It says it's sealed, but "it's unknown if this is a factory made tape", which made me laugh WAY too hard. :lol: Also, this is the first time I've ever seen a bootleg described as an "aftermarket" item. That's downright fancy!
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

This is insane. Some douchepickle on eBay expects THREE MILLION DOLLARS for the entire Metal Slug anthology of games for the SNK AES home game system. WTH?
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:This is insane. Some douchepickle on eBay expects THREE MILLION DOLLARS for the entire Metal Slug anthology of games for the SNK AES home game system. WTH?
HAHA, sounds like someone just trying to get people's attention so they'll look at his other listings...or he's trying to drive up the resale value of the games, even just a little. :P
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

I mean, I know NeoGeo always carried premium price tags with it but ... I dunno about that. Would all of those games have even cost 3 million new?
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.