Vacationing in Japan

Discuss anything and everything relating to that fascinating island empire of the east
Heibi
Anime Fan Since: 1976

Re: Vacationing in Japan

Post by Heibi »

Well, i get along well with them and can talk about nearly anything. And they bring up the weirdest questions.
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Glad to hear that you made it home safely.

Any moments of the trip that stand out as particularly memorable?
Heibi

Post by Heibi »

When I found 3x3 Eyes by total chance in "Liberty" in Akiba. I tried all last year to find that series. Now i can re-master all my LD versions of it.

Event-wise. the hail storm in Dallas. We were on the tarmac taxiing for takeoff when the storm hit. It was so loud that I put in my ear plugs. The massive splashes in the grass near the plane were incredible. But we made it in one piece to Wichita after they found a new plane for us.
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Very cool. Glad you had a nice trip!
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Hey, I now finally have proper Internet access in my apartment, yay. We've been here for a month now and we finally got hooked up. So now I am catching up on old topics.

I remember that typhoon. The rain came down hard here, but what we got was not much worse than back home in Phoenix, AZ. Phoenix can go for 3+ months with no rain, but when it rains, it comes down hard. Trees get knocked over, homes are damaged, etc.

Anyhow, trips to Japan for otaku shopping are fun. Maybe I'll be available next time. I'm still settling in, so with all my money going towards furniture and stuff we need for our new home, I haven't been doing much traveling. We don't even have a TV yet!
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Heibi

Post by Heibi »

That'll be great if you are. There will be 4 of us if it all works out next time. And if the Mayans got it wrong.