So is K-On worth watching?

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: So is K-On worth watching?

Post by greg »

Is there an Idolm@ster TV show? I only know of the games. A friend gave me two of them for the PSP. I didn't play too much of the game, but I have a sweet spot in my heart for Chihaya.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

greg wrote: Speaking of high school girls forming a band, have you guys seen the Japanese movie "Linda Linda Linda"? It's a fun movie in which some girls form a Blue Hearts cover band and ask the Korean exchange student to be the lead singer.
I know this is an old thread, but I have seen "Linda Linda Linda" and K-ON! did at times remind me of that movie. Although, "Linda Linda Linda" has a bit more tension between the characters because of the political undercurrents of Korean-Japanese relations. K-ON! of course is pure escapism. Kind of like a high school version of Paradise Island. William Marston probably would have loved K-ON! if he were alive today.
r-18
Anime Fan Since: 1967

Post by r-18 »

k-on is my all-time favorite fun escapism anime...the energy between the girls and the way they deal with stuff is just uplifting...and azunyan is so cute she could give you diabetes...