Martian Successor Nadesico is getting a re-release

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Martian Successor Nadesico is getting a re-release

Post by greg »

So Nozomi/Rightstuf will be releasing the whole enchilada for only $35. I borrowed this series from my friend and watched it with my wife several years ago, and for some reason the show didn't make sense. However, it seemed cool, and it's worth giving it another shot, I guess. I've been playing the characters in Super Robot Taisen W and want to watch the show again. What I really didn't like about it was how AD Vision puked all over the show by pasting crap all over the picture, IIRC, to make the computers and such in the show display English instead of the original language. It's the same crap they pulled with Evangelion. AnimEigo would never do this. They'd include liner notes if absolutely necessary to avoid screwing up the animation.

I really liked Nozomi's release of the Dirty Pair (which reminds me, I ought to buy their Dirty Pair OVA series and ditch the ADV versions I already have), and they don't seem to wipe their butt all over the anime titles like ADV was fond of doing. Does anyone have the inside scoop on this new release of Nadesico?
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page