Barbara of The Technogirls

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
BarbaraC
Anime Fan Since: 1981

Barbara of The Technogirls

Post by BarbaraC »

Hi, I stumbled on this forum after doing a search on "Technogirls". I'm one of the original from-tape fansubbers, and even though it's been a long time I'm still technically active. Anime that I've worked on include "Brother Dear Brother" ("Oniisama E"), "Romeo's Blue Skies" (Romeo no Aoi Sora), "Wedding Peach", "The BlueGreen Years" (Mizuirojidai), "Zetsuai", "Five Star Stories", "Kiko-chan's Smile", "Memolu in the Pointed Hat", "The Song of the Wind and Trees" (Kaze to Ki No Uta) and others. My site is still up and is a bit of an anachronism now: http://www.technogirls.org/barbara/anime/tapelist.htm so hello everyone. Any others here? Arctic Animation? Tomodachi? SilverWynd? Many years have passed.
Barbara
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Re: Barbara of The Technogirls

Post by Daniel »

Hi. :) I like your site. It brings back memories of the old days. Welcome! :D
Elytron Frass
Anime Fan Since: 1997

Post by Elytron Frass »

Five Star Stories project was a valued release. Your mentioning of it makes me want to do a rewatch asap. Welcome.
Fireminer
Anime Fan Since: 2012

Post by Fireminer »

It's great to see more people joining this forums! Also, if you don't mind, could I ask if you and other people affiliated with TechoGirls still doing anything related to anime or translation? I know that Anna Exter is stil a translator.

Also, William Chow of Artic Animation is on Youtube. He has a video series about anime in America back in the days.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

Glad you're here!
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Welcome to the board! Looking forward to chatting about the ol' tape trading and fansubbing days!
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Welcome, Barbara! :D
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
cosmosamurai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by cosmosamurai »

A warm welcome aboard to you for sure! Your Oniisama E is a landmark release that lives on even now - my go to edition is still a digisub that used the Technogirls translation (and was I introduced to the show through a copy of the original fansubs). Good job on keeping your page alive too, it's one of the last such existing outside archive.org and interesting reading - a living document of the tape fansub scene that really conveys the passion for the shows of the old school fan.
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

Welcome Barbara!! Technogirls' fansub of Aim For The Ace was the first time I'd ever seen the show, thanks for that and so much else!
BarbaraC
Anime Fan Since: 1981

Post by BarbaraC »

Wow, I didn't expect such a welcome.
As for what I'm doing now, I'm REDOING the entire BDB series using a 720p Bluray source, and reediting the original tape translations and scripts and adding new comments and corrections. My intent is to make a definitive "Technogirls" version of the entire show. If you would like to learn more, please join the Shoujo Anime Club GoogleGroup. This fan group has been active since 1996 making it one of the oldest continuously operating mailing lists. It's very small and could use some new members. That's where I can give out the information. There are no advertising or email annoyances. See this link. https://groups.google.com/g/sacgroup
Barbara