Barbara of The Technogirls

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Barbara of The Technogirls

Post by DKop »

Hey I was trying to get into that google group and it says the content is unavailable. Is there another way to get too it?
Captain_EO
Anime Fan Since: 2002

Post by Captain_EO »

Count me in, I'm also interested to check out your newsgroup; Though I get the same message as DKop.
runesaint
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by runesaint »

Same here. I was able to find out that I was in a google group...in 2011, which was surprising. Most of the old google things disappeared (google buzz, google plus, hangouts, etc) so finding that existed was interesting. (wow, just read my google buzz files from back when that existed... )
chibiboi
Anime Fan Since: 1995

Post by chibiboi »

BarbaraC wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:02 pm Wow, I didn't expect such a welcome.
As for what I'm doing now, I'm REDOING the entire BDB series using a 720p Bluray source, and reediting the original tape translations and scripts and adding new comments and corrections. My intent is to make a definitive "Technogirls" version of the entire show. If you would like to learn more, please join the Shoujo Anime Club GoogleGroup. This fan group has been active since 1996 making it one of the oldest continuously operating mailing lists. It's very small and could use some new members. That's where I can give out the information. There are no advertising or email annoyances. See this link. https://groups.google.com/g/sacgroup
Barbara
Welcome fansubbing legend Barbara!! :D I'd also love to join that Google group!
BarbaraC
Anime Fan Since: 1981

Post by BarbaraC »

I wonder why the Saclist Google Group is not allowing new members. I will check it out and try to find out.
In other news, I finished the new "Oniisama E" fansub. It is an entirely from-scratch redo, with tons of corrections and improvements to the script. I distributed it to members of the Saclist group, but I don't know how to get it onto Bittorrent safely. So, after all these years, the entire series is done with the Technogirls scripts.

Barbara
BarbaraC

Post by BarbaraC »

The only requirement for joining "The Shoujo Anime Club Mailing List" is a Google account. I changed the visibility of the group from "members only" to "anyone on the web can view". Could you try it again? In Google Groups, search on "saclist" or "The Shoujo Anime Club" and see if you can join now.
DKop

Post by DKop »

BarbaraC wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:57 pm The only requirement for joining "The Shoujo Anime Club Mailing List" is a Google account. I changed the visibility of the group from "members only" to "anyone on the web can view". Could you try it again? In Google Groups, search on "saclist" or "The Shoujo Anime Club" and see if you can join now.
Just joined, ill be checking out the group, thank you!
BarbaraC

Post by BarbaraC »

Once you have joined, scan the older messages and you'll find download links for the 2022 updated Technogirls version of "Brother Dear Brother" if you'd like to have the set.
Barbara
DKop

Post by DKop »

I just got all of the episodes to Brother Dear Brother, so ill watch them at some point.