Gkids licenses FUTURE BOY CONAN!

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Gkids licenses FUTURE BOY CONAN!

Post by usamimi »

https://gkids.com/films/future-boy-conan/

Welp, the impossible seems to have finally happened! :shock: Gkids will be releasing the 4k restoration version of Future Boy Conan WITH AN ENGLISH DUB. No date set for release yet, tho.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: Gkids licenses FUTURE BOY CONAN!

Post by davemerrill »

Just absolutely stunned by this, in a good way.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

YEAH, I really didn't think we'd ever see it, but I guess since Gkids somehow got permission to get the Studio Ghibli movies legally streaming, anything's possible huh? :lol:

Someone on Twitter pointed out they never specified if this was for the actual TV series, or the compilation films, so I'll be curious to see what their release details are whenever they can give em. Hopefully it's the TV series, but I guess even the films would be a better than nothing....
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

the GKids tweet does say "series" - "GKIDS is proud to announce the acquisition of the North American rights to FUTURE BOY CONAN, the debut series from the legendary Hayao Miyazaki! " is what they say. On GKIDS' Conan website, they list the running time as 780 minutes. It looks like the TV series to me.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

davemerrill wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:22 am the GKids tweet does say "series" - "GKIDS is proud to announce the acquisition of the North American rights to FUTURE BOY CONAN, the debut series from the legendary Hayao Miyazaki! " is what they say. On GKIDS' Conan website, they list the running time as 780 minutes. It looks like the TV series to me.
AH ok, in my excitement I must have missed where it said series in the Tweets. That's good to hear! It's kind of amazing that Gkids' first foray into doing TV show releases are such heavy hitters like Eva and Conan :shock: They do good work with their films, though, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they'll release these!
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

About damn time! I watched up to episode 23 back in 1993 and never finished the series. I started thinking about more dubious methods of finishing the series in recent years but never got around to really doing it. Glad I can finish the show, and legally to boot.