New BASTARD!! anime coming this year from Netflix

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

New BASTARD!! anime coming this year from Netflix

Post by usamimi »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4zSf3CfRA

Netflix has released a teaser for their upcoming, worldwide release of a new BASTARD!! anime adaptation that will be released sometime this year. So far, it looks pretty faithful to the source material!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
runesaint
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: New BASTARD!! anime coming this year from Netflix

Post by runesaint »

Thing of it is...the manga never actually ended did it? (checks wikipedia) .. stopped publishing a decade ago? in the middle of a story?
..(confused)
I remember the OAV from 1992. and know people that followed the manga but... it never actually concluded and went on a hiatus a decade ago and is now getting a new animated series?
I am...confused?
(Then again, Jojo was animated around the same time, and the 'new' anime from 2012 is still ongoing.... and Tokyo Babylon is, theoretically, animated again any day now...)
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Yeah, technically the manga is unfinished, though the last finished arc is where a lot of fans have agreed the series could "end" fairly satisfactorily. I haven't read it, since the English editions were canceled ages ago, so the only way to read it would be fan translations & I'm too lazy to look for them :lol:

The manga is unfinished mostly due to the mangaka's health from what I understand, so it may never get the ending he actually wanted, which is kind of a shame. I am very curious to see how they'll set up this new animated series.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
labsenpai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by labsenpai »

As a collector of Studio Loud (only missing the last couple BASTARD volumes), I'll be glad to see the animated version progress beyond the first arc. Although, the first season will likely be a rehash and nothing new will appear until season 2. The interview with the staff on YT was fun, definitely some not so secret fans ;)