dubs time forgot??? twitch event

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

dubs time forgot??? twitch event

Post by davemerrill »

I figured it was time I did a streaming anime thing, so Monday May 23 (which is Victoria Day here, what they call the "May 2-4 weekend" because we get that Monday off) I'm doing a Dubs Time Forgot streaming event! I'm going to screen some full episodes of kooky old forgotten dubs and talk about them (not over them). It's sure to be a bewildering, weirdly voiced event that will have you wondering how any of this stuff ever got any more popular. See you Monday at twitch.tv/terebifunhouse!!
pdubstf_22.jpg
pdubstf_22.jpg (506.64 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
Captain_EO
Anime Fan Since: 2002

Re: dubs time forgot??? twitch event

Post by Captain_EO »

This sounds like a fun idea, consider me interested. Now... are we talking dubs like Harmony Gold's take on Dragon Ball, with all the weird name changes? That Nausicaa "WARRIORS OF THE WIND" dub we'd all rather forget? Just to set the stage for the type of dubs to expect here.
(Unless you want to keep it all a surprise :P )
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

I'm going to be showing TV episodes of dubbed anime from the 60s, 70s and 80s. There are name changes, celebrity voice impressions, and general brain-addled confusion-type voice characterizations, and if this is the kind of thing you find entertaining, then by all means this is for you! Apart from one requested short clip, I'm running full episodes, so we will all get the full impact.
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Showed up a few minutes late but that was a fun and cool stream. Thanks for putting it together, Dave!
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

Yea really good stuff. The Leo the Lion/James Bond episode was my favorite by far, that was just a fun episode all around.