Flying Phantom Ship BD from Discotek

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Flying Phantom Ship BD from Discotek

Post by davemerrill »

Well, never thought this would happen, but here we are, Discotek just announced Flying Phantom Ship - the 1969 film with key animation by Hayao Miyazaki, based on the Shotaro Ishinomori manga - getting a BD release with dubs and subs here in the West!
FT2XODSUEAEROXv.jpg
FT2XODSUEAEROXv.jpg (157.25 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
Absolutely cannot wait for this. It's one of my favorite anime movies and it's been number one on my wish list for a long time.
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Flying Phantom Ship BD from Discotek

Post by llj »

Skaro Hunting Society fansubbed this a few years ago with your help, right? It's funny how Discotek has licensed so many that Skaro fansubbed in the past.
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

the film got fansubbed a few times, and I did send Skaro a copy of the script I had someone translate for me so he could subtitle the film. Jeez, that was ten years ago. Time flies!

Can't wait to see this on the Blu-ray, and I hope this inspires Discotek to release some other 60s Toei films.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

davemerrill wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:03 pm the film got fansubbed a few times, and I did send Skaro a copy of the script I had someone translate for me so he could subtitle the film. Jeez, that was ten years ago. Time flies!

Can't wait to see this on the Blu-ray, and I hope this inspires Discotek to release some other 60s Toei films.
Agreed! I'm really looking forward to this one! I've been meaning to watch it, so this'll make it even easier!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*