Another Let's Anime blog?

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
Fireminer
Anime Fan Since: 2012

Another Let's Anime blog?

Post by Fireminer »

Just wondering what is the deal with this dead blog, which has articles from Let's Anime between 2007 and 2015.
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: Another Let's Anime blog?

Post by davemerrill »

it was some kind of automated cut-and-paste thing, ripping me off. There were several blogs like that out there, I had to send Google some DCMA notices. It's frustrating, but thankfully they seem to be a thing of the past.
Fireminer
Anime Fan Since: 2012

Post by Fireminer »

davemerrill wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:29 am it was some kind of automated cut-and-paste thing, ripping me off. There were several blogs like that out there, I had to send Google some DCMA notices. It's frustrating, but thankfully they seem to be a thing of the past.
Have I told you how weird Google Blogspot can be? A friend of mine has his blogs plastered with garbled automatic messages when he forgot to check it. I've got to ask if you receive any ad money from your blog? I mean, why else other than traffic would someone wanted to copy Let's Anime wholesale?
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

There are a lot of abandoned Blogspot blogs out there that get taken over by spam-bots that post weird strings of keywords designed to attract clicks - I think back in the 2000-2010 time period it might have been possible to make a little money directing traffic towards ad sites that way.

I still get a lot of spam comments, which is why I have comment moderation turned on.

I do have ads on Let's Anime but the revenue was absolutely miniscule at even the best of times, and these days it's almost nonexistent. I should probably just get rid of them entirely.

Blogger is not the best platform, but building one in Wordpress and hosting it through mister kitty dot org (our website) is just that teeny tiny bit more trouble than I want to handle right now. Maybe I'll do that at some point, but I can't see it happening any time soon.