Live-action Yu Yu Hakusho Netflix series cast reveal

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Live-action Yu Yu Hakusho Netflix series cast reveal

Post by usamimi »

We have all 4 male leads announced for the new Live-action Yu Yu Hakusho series now: https://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/ ... r-netflixs

Out of the 4, Yusuke definitely looks the best imo. My first impression on seeing them all was that I think the Japanese stage play musicals did a much better job on the wigs and costuming lol. What do you all think?

stage.jpg
stage.jpg (52.43 KiB) Viewed 910 times
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Captain_EO
Anime Fan Since: 2002

Re: Live-action Yu Yu Hakusho Netflix series cast reveal

Post by Captain_EO »

Props for the all-Japanese cast here. But Kuwabara without his famous hairdo? Madness!
It's clear they were going for a more realistic approach to this new Netflix version, though given how fantastical YYH is to begin with, I agree they could have gotten away with more "anime-like" designs.
Even Urameshi's stage play version is a little better, with those stray hair strands falling from his pompadour.

Overall, they ain't too shabby though - Without those stage play versions to compare to, I'd totally be on board with these.