ANN article on Classic Shoujo I'd love to see get licensed

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

ANN article on Classic Shoujo I'd love to see get licensed

Post by usamimi »

Had a new article go up on Anime News Network recently! So happy to get to write about classic shoujo anime, even if it's just musing on things I'd love to see get picked up officially: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/featur ... me/.205348
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: ANN article on Classic Shoujo I'd love to see get licensed

Post by davemerrill »

Thanks for the Honey Honey shout-out, it would be great to see that get some kind of a release. I think the big challenge is convincing anyone in charge that it's worth even the pittance it would cost to license the show, but hope spring eternal.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Thanks Dave! Yeah, Honey Honey was such a fun & cute show, I'd love it if it & its old dub could get a release some day. I guess only time will tell....
runesaint
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by runesaint »

I am reminded of the 'They Were Eleven" manga that I ordered on Amazon about two years ago for release last year... every three or four months I get an e-mail detailing how it has been delayed a few more months. Currently due (checks) June 25th, 2024.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Yeah, I'm excited for that one, too. The publisher is really small (I believe Denpa only has like, less than 10 staff members!), so often their titles get delayed so they can give them the work they deserve. I'm hoping that means it'll be a fantastic release!
gaijinguy
Anime Fan Since: 1975

Post by gaijinguy »

usamimi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:44 am Yeah, I'm excited for that one, too. The publisher is really small (I believe Denpa only has like, less than 10 staff members!), so often their titles get delayed so they can give them the work they deserve. I'm hoping that means it'll be a fantastic release!
Though I'm almost 100% sub, I love the Honey-Honey dub for the insanity that it was. I finally picked up some copies of this. Also, HAGIO Moto's There Are 11! was great. One really dark shojo I love is St. Rosalind about a bad seed little girl who is happy go lucky little serial killing psycopath.
Retro/vintage manga YT channel GAIJINGUY http://youtube.com/c/gaijinguy
gaijinguy

Post by gaijinguy »

usamimi wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:39 pm Had a new article go up on Anime News Network recently! So happy to get to write about classic shoujo anime, even if it's just musing on things I'd love to see get picked up officially: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/featur ... me/.205348
I was rude that I didn't even say CONGRATS! So CONGRATS! I've never tried writing for a media outlet except for my own zines and unaccepted fiction probably because what I want to talk about is too niche. These days, I'm all about Humanoid Monster BEM.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Thanks gaijinguy! Honestly, pitching niche stuff to ANN would probably make you stand out. So I encourage you to try if you want to!
gaijinguy

Post by gaijinguy »

usamimi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:11 pm Thanks gaijinguy! Honestly, pitching niche stuff to ANN would probably make you stand out. So I encourage you to try if you want to!
Thanks for the encouragement! Once I get my next fanzine out the door, I'll look into this as a possible creative endeavor!
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Absolutely! ANN's always taking pitches, especially for more niche/editorial stuff, so I always tell folks there's no harm in trying!