What are you Reading?

Discuss manga, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: What are you Reading?

Post by usamimi »

I believe it is or will be? I'm on my phone right now otherwise I'd look it up. Its a heavy book, too, since it has all the Unico stories in one volume. Has a srp of $34.95 on the back.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

usamimi wrote:Whoa, that's a lot, Ryoran! :o

Today I finally got my copy of DMP's "Unico" from when I supported the Kickstarter last year. It looks SO nice, it was definitely worth the wait. I've read about 1/3 of it so far, and it's really great. The full-color pages look wonderful!
Thats funny, I just got mine in the mail too. The earliest I'll probably get to sit down and savor it is Friday, but I can't wait.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

I picked up my copy to read again today and was surprised to discover my copy of Unico was missing some pages! Thankfully, I tweeted DMP and they said they'd be happy to replace it, though I have to pay for shipping to send the old misprinted copy back to them. :/
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

Read "Neon Genesis Evangelion" omnibus 2 (vol. 4-6) and now starting the third omnibus (7-9).
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

usamimi wrote:I picked up my copy to read again today and was surprised to discover my copy of Unico was missing some pages! Thankfully, I tweeted DMP and they said they'd be happy to replace it, though I have to pay for shipping to send the old misprinted copy back to them. :/
That kinda stinks. :/ I guess I'll try picking up Unico at a B&N, rather than getting it online, so I can make sure all the pages are there. D:
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
Path

Post by Path »

I flipped quickly through my copy of Unico (just glancing at the page numbers) and from a quick spot check it seems like mine is okay. That sucks that yours is missing them, hopefully its the only one?
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Everyone that I know that was part of the Kickstarter checked theirs after I posted about it on Twitter, and so far no one else seems to have one that's missing pages...so I think I was just "lucky". XD; Go figure I'd been waiting so long for this book to come out and I'm the only one to get a copy missing pages, eh? lol.

Even with having to pay for shipping twice, I still am paying less than what the retail on the book is, so I guess I can't complain too much. (I only paid $25 for the kickstarter, which gave me the book as well as $5 to spend in DMP's e-book store.)

Edit: Ryoran, looks like it's available for pre-order for cheap on Amazon right now: http://www.amazon.com/Unico-Osamu-Tezuk ... ords=unico Looks like it's set for an April 16th release.
Path

Post by Path »

Just read Takashi Murakami's Stargazing Dog. It was good. *sniff* I'm always a sucker for animal stories.
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by Heero »

Path wrote:Just read Takashi Murakami's Stargazing Dog. It was good. *sniff* I'm always a sucker for animal stories.
It IS very cute, and also VERY sad. I knew that going in, but still... (I knew that about "Hachi", movie that Americanizes the Hachiko story, but it still brings on the waterworks)
Path

Post by Path »

Heero wrote:
Path wrote:Just read Takashi Murakami's Stargazing Dog. It was good. *sniff* I'm always a sucker for animal stories.
It IS very cute, and also VERY sad. I knew that going in, but still... (I knew that about "Hachi", movie that Americanizes the Hachiko story, but it still brings on the waterworks)
I figured going in it was going to be sad (aren't just about all dog books?), but I still loved it regardless. I didn't see Hachi, is it worth watching? I think I saw it listed on Netflix.