What are you Playing?

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: What are you Playing?

Post by greg »

I played the first Portal about a year ago at my friend's place. I played it up until the part where I fell in some acid and died. It's a cool game, but I'd rather play Ico on the PS2. Ever played Ico? It's a 3rd person puzzle adventure with an extremely charming and beautiful story. I cry at the end every time.

I have a friend who really loves the Bioshock games. That's the one set in that Ayn Rand-style underwater metropolis, right? I'm not big on first person shooters. I did enjoy the Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games (shooting Nazis and such).
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
greg

Post by greg »

BikeLover wrote:There is also a new Ico game for the PS3.
I think that one is just an enhanced graphics version. Ico was originally supposed to be released on the PS1, but when the PS2 came along, they switched it. So even though the game is so beautiful and charming, it didn't come close to truly utilizing the PS2's hardware. I'm sure this enhanced PS3 version must be exquisite.

I also have Shadow of the Colossus, which is somewhat of a sequel to Ico, but I got to one part of the game that I just couldn't get past at all.

Have you ever played these games?
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
greg

Post by greg »

BikeLover wrote:Keep taking Ico of the shelf and putting it back at the local Book-Off.
STOP DOING THAT! Buy it and play it. TRUST ME. It is such a beautiful and sentimental game of courage and friendship. My friend had sent me a copy of the game when he used to live in Japan, and I was like, "What's this?" He told me I had to play it. I was like, "Well, whatever. OK." After playing the game, I couldn't stop and I had to send him a thank you note.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

Purchased the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus on sale several months ago. Have them on the PS2...but wanted it for the better upgrade in graphics for the PS3. Next game I just ordered from Japan is "Kurohyou: Ryu ga Gotoku Shinshou" for the PSP. I love the "Yakuza" games on the PS3....thinking of getting the "Kenka Bancho" games for the PSP next.
Daishikaze
Anime Fan Since: 1983

Post by Daishikaze »

Last game I played was Mass Effect 3, which I LOVED. But really its getting harder for me to play games, I just find I'm not in the mood much anymore. I still have tons on my shelf I've never really sat down and played for long, not because the games were bad but because I just didn't feel like playing at the time. Its worrisome to me, I love video games I just can't seem to get in the mood to play them is all.
greg

Post by greg »

Daishikaze wrote:But really its getting harder for me to play games, I just find I'm not in the mood much anymore. I still have tons on my shelf I've never really sat down and played for long, not because the games were bad but because I just didn't feel like playing at the time. Its worrisome to me, I love video games I just can't seem to get in the mood to play them is all.
I know what you mean. I go through phases where all I want to do is read books, all I want to do is play video games, or all I want to do is work on plastic models. There are times when I don't feel like playing games at all too.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Daishikaze
Anime Fan Since: 1983

Post by Daishikaze »

Thats like me, I go through phases where All I want to watch are classic movies, then only anime, then only HK films, then reading, then Games. But the Gaming phase last came around for Mass Effect 3, before that its been probably a year since I really played anything. I bought plenty of games, but I haven't played most of them yet.
r-18
Anime Fan Since: 1967

Post by r-18 »

was playing skyrim ....till my new computer had a fit and ended up with an unexplainable black screen...so i dug out the old one and am replaying stuff like might and magic 6, bioshock..and of course all the half life games...i so want my new one back ...but no word from the shop yet...
Ender424
Anime Fan Since: 1992

Post by Ender424 »

Currently playing Borderlands 2. I think this one may end up eating a bit of my time...
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

It just so happens that I am currently playing Alisia Dragoon on and off these past few weeks. I'm up to the floating castle, but still figuring out how to get through it.

So there is an anime related connection here (Gainax)