Xenogears

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
raiderfan99
Anime Fan Since: 1993

Xenogears

Post by raiderfan99 »

Alright, I mentioned this game in another thread. Any other fans of this game on this board?
Daishikaze
Anime Fan Since: 1983

Re: Xenogears

Post by Daishikaze »

Right here, big big fan of it. Doesn't get nearly enough appreciation these days, even less since Xenosaga kinda tarnished its name for most people.
raiderfan99
Anime Fan Since: 1993

Post by raiderfan99 »

Daishikaze wrote:Right here, big big fan of it. Doesn't get nearly enough appreciation these days, even less since Xenosaga kinda tarnished its name for most people.
I completely agree with you on that. I only played xenosaga 1 and half of xenosaga 2, I bought 3 but never played it. Xenosaga 1 was ungodly boring and 2 was just horrible. It was dis interesting as hell. I heard 3 was the best of the 3, but I felt it was kind of cheap the creators said it would be a re-vision of the original story, although to me it felt like it had nothing to do with xenogears.

What did you think of Disc 2? I wish more of the maps were actually there, I do know some hackers recently dumped some of the raw game files off the disc and found there were scenario files related to dungeons that did not exist. Also in debug mode you can walk in some areas not normally accessible.
Daishikaze
Anime Fan Since: 1983

Post by Daishikaze »

It was unfortunate that they couldn't flesh out the second disc as much as they wanted. I liked what was on it for the most part, I just wish we could have played everything leading up to the events rather than a narration of how we got to them.
Ender424
Anime Fan Since: 1992

Post by Ender424 »

I'm definitely a big fan. As an anime/rpg fan Xenogears was a really great title I could sink my teeth into. Great characters, great music, great anime cut scenes, convoluted philosophical quasi-religious story....it was perfect for a young college freshman!