The "WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING ON TV" Japan Thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to that fascinating island empire of the east
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

The "WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING ON TV" Japan Thread

Post by kndy »

A thread to discuss what one is watching on Japanese TV!
kndy

Re: The "WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING ON TV" Japan Thread

Post by kndy »

Watching "Ikinari Ogon Densetsu" and they are having their contest of who can live with the last amount of money for one month and the one who has the most money in the end wins.

The comedian pretty much took the strategy of purchasing a portable gas cooker and bought rice and a huge pumpkin or squash and tried to live outdoors, so he would not use electricity or gas. But a typhoon game and literally pushed him to try to live in the apartment that they gave him. He is ahead right now.

The Economist is actually doing well, trying to keep things simple with bread, vegetables and fish and trying to find ways of being innovative.

But the shocker so far is AKB48's Tomomi Kasai. In the first on Japanese TV, she quit after 5 days....no explanation to the TV show until she said that she couldn't take the cameras on her so much. Suffice to say, she got bad press...but yet no discipline and she is releasing a CD single.
kndy

Post by kndy »

Watching this week's "SMAP x SMAP" and noticed that "Golden Bomber" is becoming very popular as of late. Heck, they just got into Kouhaku which was interesting. The Bistro Smap segment featured Golden Bomber, LiLiCo and Mr. Negative, Rui Kurihara.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

I've been living in Japan and I still do not yet have a TV... I'm playing my game consoles through my video capture device on my computer for now.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

I must admit to dabbling in a bit of Gaki no Tsukai lately, but I'm always too busy to watch much...

I think that these crazy Japanese shows are awesome. Who's with me?
gaijinpunch
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by gaijinpunch »

Definitely not me. I loathe Japanese TV. I tried to watch the Olympics in the summer, and realized I didn't even have my B-CAS card which is necessary for authentication of digital cable. Wound up getting it and installing it. Flipped channels, and low and behold, and episode of Gatchaman was on. Haven't watched anything since!
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

What, in particular, do you dislike about those wacky Japanese game shows and the like?

More interested in anime myself, though.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

AnimeSennin wrote:What, in particular, do you dislike about those wacky Japanese game shows and the like?

More interested in anime myself, though.
It's just the fact that most shows involve "talents" who stand around and do nothing but talk most of the time, and it gets rather boring. It's not all Sasuke/Ninja Warrior on TV in Japan. A lot of it is just videos of famous people visiting onsen and other tourist attractions and flipping out while eating food as if they've never eaten food before in their life.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
kndy

Post by kndy »

Watching the final episode of "HEY! HEY! HEY! Music Champ" (hosted by Downtown, duo is featured on "Gaki no Tsukai") ....Man...this is sad...I was there to watch when this show began, watched it every week and now 18-years later, it has come to an end. But it was a good finale with all the past guests who have appeared on the show many times.

But you watch this and man...I realize how time really went quickly. 18-years....
AnimeSennin wrote:I must admit to dabbling in a bit of Gaki no Tsukai lately, but I'm always too busy to watch much...

I think that these crazy Japanese shows are awesome. Who's with me?
I love Japanese television! From the game shows, variety shows, dramas....I don't watch the morning talk shows that some of you loathe...mainly prime time television. The only daytime show I catch is "Pon!" but mostly everything I watch is primetime television.
kndy

Post by kndy »

Btw, for those who want to watch Japanese television daily. These will never be licensed outside of Japan. But you can download them here:

For Variety shows and dramas: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php
For only IDOL related shows and radio shows: http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt

Fansubs for Japanese dramas: http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt
AKB48 TV Show Fansubs: http://forum.sub48.com/viewforum.php?f= ... 66f7356e7c
Hello! Project/Morning Musume Fansubs: http://www.hello-fansubs.com/

For those in Japan, you can't download them though because of the new law of downloading or uploading Japanese television. More info here:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... -downloads