Wonder: New Site

Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
gaijinpunch
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Wonder: New Site

Post by gaijinpunch »

I posted this at shmups, too. Figured someone here might get a kick out of it.

Basically everything about anime/games except for... anime and games.
Wonder

The first shocking thing about this is that it was designed by Japanese, and that it's one of the simplest designs around. No, seriously... take a look. Also, for the most part, the pictures involved seem to be about people that understand composition and exposure. Again, for the most part.

I have met with the company that designed and maintains the site, and they are extremely interested in internationalization. So much, he seemed to think a Japan-centric e-commerce system would make no money. So, in the future, expect some type of purchase system of goods... some of the LE's from micro companies, and I think it's safe to say some way for those residing outside of Japan to get them. But, that's down the road. The site is in it's infancy now.

Right now, there is only a J-version, but it uses Facebook/Twitter for authentication. I imagine any language tool in your browser can get you all set up. Has like/favorites/following and all that stuff we're used to. I guess you can think of it as the otaku related version of Flickr. Cosplay isn't exactly my thing, and if the fate of the world rested upon me building a plastic model we would all meet certain doom. However, there is definitely a lot of creativity to find, which is always good for inspiration. Also some scantily clad coplayers (both J and western formats) which doesn't hurt.