Game soundtracks

Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Re: Game soundtracks

Post by kndy »

greg wrote:I think I bought my Radiant Historia used, but it came complete with the case and manual. It was released by Atlus, and that company really loves the fans and releases many games as LEs with soundtracks and such. Of their LEs with soundtracks, I own Luminous Arc 2, Ys Books I & II, and Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Fronteir. I never got around to listening to those soundtracks, so when Knights in the Knightmare was released, I just got the regular version.

Radiant Historia is praised for abandoning all the cliched JRPG tropes. There are no angsty teenagers, no little kid with a sword going out on an adventure and initially only fighting grumpy bees and such, and no quest to stop some madman from destroying the entire world. From what I understand, the story is about soldiers trying to go back in time to prevent the current war between two nations, neither of which is inherently evil, per se. I really want to play it, but I've promised myself to not start too many RPGs at once, lest I never finish any of them.
The good thing is that now that you are in Japan, those LE's released in Japan probably go down in price within 2-3 months right?
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Game soundtracks

Post by greg »

Well, I think that the soundtracks that Atlus would bundle with a DS limited edition game are probably sold separately in Japan. I do know that RPGs go down in price in Japan, whereas they go up in value in America. It's because EVERYONE plays RPGs in Japan, while in America most people don't have the patience for RPGs and would rather just focus on playing FPS games or something.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page