Greetings and salutations! (Beware the wall o' text!)

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Re: Greetings and salutations! (Beware the wall o' text!)

Post by Heero »

usamimi wrote:I wouldn't mind checking out A-fest, too.
AnimeFEST is definitely worth going to, almost certainly the best ANIME convention in the state. (2012's guest lineup was incredible and they had some awesome panels around them) Plus, it's in the hotel that A-Kon was in for the last decade(?), if that's a thing for you.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Heero wrote:
usamimi wrote:I wouldn't mind checking out A-fest, too.
AnimeFEST is definitely worth going to, almost certainly the best ANIME convention in the state. (2012's guest lineup was incredible and they had some awesome panels around them) Plus, it's in the hotel that A-Kon was in for the last decade(?), if that's a thing for you.
Yeah, I was SUPER sad I missed '12 because they had some AMAZING guests ;3; I might have to see if I can crash at a friend's house who lives nearby one of these years and go check it out, esp. if they get some of those guests back!!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Heibi
Anime Fan Since: 1976

Post by Heibi »

Welcome to the lounge. Good to see we're growing.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Heibi wrote:Welcome to the lounge. Good to see we're growing.
Thanks! I'm going to see if I can get my boyfriend on here, too, I'm sure he'd like this place as well. I've also passed the link on to a couple of friends, hopefully they'll check it out as well!
Armblessed
Anime Fan Since: Fill me in!

Post by Armblessed »

Hello and welcome!
I noticed you said you were in Alaska when you were younger and saw anime. I grew up there and there was a UHF cartoon channel in the 80s that used to show anime. My memory of those days is fragmented, but I've been able to piece together a partial list of what anime they were showing: Windaria, Galaxy Express 999, Adieu Galaxy Express 999(maybe?), Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned, Frankenstein, Captain Harlock(in some incarnation), and Robotech. There were a few other things as well, but my friends and I only have vague memories and havent been able to figure out what they were. For example, I remember a soccer anime, but no idea what it was.
Anyways, I am curious, did you ever watch this channel?

Okay, so I just went and did some digging and found this little blog post about it: http://zedorama.blogspot.com/2009/07/al ... annel.html
They say that they showed Captain Harlock & The Queen of a Thousand Years, Little Women, and The World of the Talisman(?).
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Oh my gosh! I remember that station, too!! That's definitely where I saw Galaxy Express originally. I remember when I went through a period of time as a kid where I had sleeping problems (I would sleepwalk, or just plain couldn't sleep), so I would watch that station on the couch in our living room until I'd get tired again. I remember watching all sorts of old Tom & Jerry on there, Space Ghost, all that kind of stuff. I couldn't remember if I saw Galaxy Express there or on HBO or something (I've read that it was shown on movie channels back in the day briefly). I wonder if that's where I saw "Flower Angel", too? If they showed Little Women and all those other random kids releases, it wouldn't surprise me.

I always had trouble remembering if that was an actual channel, or if I was just mixing up my memories with the modern Cartoon Network, so it's good to know I wasn't remembering it wrong! Thanks for confirming that for me! :D
nitro
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by nitro »

usamimi wrote:I'm going to see if I can get my boyfriend on here, too,
Mission accomplished.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

nitro wrote:
usamimi wrote:I'm going to see if I can get my boyfriend on here, too,
Mission accomplished.
Mwahahaha! :twisted: