My WTB/T list

Our own online marketplace!
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: My WTB/T list

Post by llj »

Usamimi, I might be able to get DVDs of Please Save my Earth, New Cutey Honey and one of the City Hunter movies for you if you're still interested. Maybe not all of them, but for sure one of them. PM me if you want to work a deal out.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

llj wrote:Usamimi, I might be able to get DVDs of Please Save my Earth, New Cutey Honey and one of the City Hunter movies for you if you're still interested. Maybe not all of them, but for sure one of them. PM me if you want to work a deal out.
Thanks! pming ya :D
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Updated my list a little (took out titles I managed to find). Thanks guys!
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

You can find Yatsura OVAs on ebay here is a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141428651157

You might want to piece together your collection slowly. It will take time and patience. You will get every thing back and a whole lot more. Anime does not cost 29.95 to 59.95 for thirty minute VHS tapes like in the late 90's. Most people do not value the old anime because they do not know what are the good titles. Get on amazon and you will see bookstores selling old valuable DVD's and manga for next to nothing because they want to clear some shelf space.

In 2005, I sold my entire anime and manga collection. I had a financial disaster when I lost my job and had to move in with friends of the family ten years ago. I sold all all of my anime DVD and most everything I had in my storage unit. My anime was like the first to go because it was the most valuable part of my video collection. I must have had around three hundred DVDs about a third was anime. That is not to mention my manga and independent trade collections. I had all the Ghost in the Shell comics plus a lot of American independent trades.

I got everything I wanted back for the most part. I hit the used book stores, amazon, ebay, and some conventions, both scifi and anime, and got back almost everything I sold and a lot of valuable stuff I never owned. My current collection is much better than my old one and I did not spend as much money.

I found an Otaku no Video DVD. I know the store sells it cheap. Let me know what it is worth to you. I do come across stuff on your list sometimes.
***^__^***
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

One of the problems with spending *too* much time and money seeking out old anime is that a lot of them are starting to get picked up again by the likes of Discotek or Nozomi or (occasionally) Sentai and Viz, and usually with better transfers and masters than previous releases.

I have to think all the Gall Force anime is going to be licensed again at some point. It's too well known a title to just ignore.

Btw, Otaku No Video can still be bought from Animeigo's website, I think. Some retailers still carry unsold copies of it too.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

yusaku wrote:You can find Yatsura OVAs on ebay here is a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141428651157

You might want to piece together your collection slowly. It will take time and patience. You will get every thing back and a whole lot more. Anime does not cost 29.95 to 59.95 for thirty minute VHS tapes like in the late 90's. Most people do not value the old anime because they do not know what are the good titles. Get on amazon and you will see bookstores selling old valuable DVD's and manga for next to nothing because they want to clear some shelf space.

In 2005, I sold my entire anime and manga collection. I had a financial disaster when I lost my job and had to move in with friends of the family ten years ago. I sold all all of my anime DVD and most everything I had in my storage unit. My anime was like the first to go because it was the most valuable part of my video collection. I must have had around three hundred DVDs about a third was anime. That is not to mention my manga and independent trade collections. I had all the Ghost in the Shell comics plus a lot of American independent trades.

I got everything I wanted back for the most part. I hit the used book stores, amazon, ebay, and some conventions, both scifi and anime, and got back almost everything I sold and a lot of valuable stuff I never owned. My current collection is much better than my old one and I did not spend as much money.

I found an Otaku no Video DVD. I know the store sells it cheap. Let me know what it is worth to you. I do come across stuff on your list sometimes.
Yeah, the Urusei Yatsura OAVs I already have on VHS so I'm not in TOO much of a hurry to get them on DVD...I'm mostly looking for the harder to find UY DVDs--for example, vol. 50 is super hard to find, and even on eBay and Amazon, people want crazy grandma prices for them. It's really annoying. :/

Otaku no Video isn't something I desperately want--just something I haven't gotten around to getting a new copy of yet, mostly because it's still for sale on Animeigo's site. But I figured if anyone had a copy they didn't want any longer that I'd be willing to trade or purchase it from one of the cool people here. ;)
llj wrote:One of the problems with spending *too* much time and money seeking out old anime is that a lot of them are starting to get picked up again by the likes of Discotek or Nozomi or (occasionally) Sentai and Viz, and usually with better transfers and masters than previous releases.

I have to think all the Gall Force anime is going to be licensed again at some point. It's too well known a title to just ignore.

Btw, Otaku No Video can still be bought from Animeigo's website, I think. Some retailers still carry unsold copies of it too.
It's true! I was in the middle of tracking down the old Viz Ranma box sets, for example, when they announced the blu-rays. But I managed to trade them in for a good price while they were technically still out of print to put towards getting the new ones, so it worked out ok!

I do hope Gall Force does get a re-release...you'd think it would have by now! But I guess we'll be waiting a little longer. I'd love it if Discotek got it and released a complete collection with the Scramble Wars shorts as an extra. That would be so great. :mrgreen:

Yeah, like I said before, I just had OnV up there in case anyone had a copy they didn't want anymore. ;)
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

llj wrote:One of the problems with spending *too* much time and money seeking out old anime is that a lot of them are starting to get picked up again by the likes of Discotek or Nozomi or (occasionally) Sentai and Viz, and usually with better transfers and masters than previous releases.

That is so true! Check out this link from walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Revolutionary ... 3d&veh=cse

I made the unfortunate mistake of buying extra copies of Utena DVD's after ADV films went belly up and Utena was effectively out-of-print. They stopped selling Utena at Best But and the other stores could not get. So I grabbed like eight copies I found cheap online with the plan to resell. Then The Right Stuff came out with the rerelease and now they sell Utena at Walmart! I did the same with Haibane Remnei and some other various anime CD's. I still can trade them. I just wasted $100 to $200 on what I though were going to be hot commodities.

Any anime can be rereleased at will for a low price now. This is how I mostly rebuilt my collection. Most of my anime is second hand but the rereleases made the older copies cheaper. I just bought some Dance Till Tomorrow trades on amazon.com for three to seven dollars a book.

Now oddly enough the Yatsura OVA, Ping Pong Club, Mermaid Forest, and Maison Ikkou DVD's that I own I could only find one copy. I would have went for duplicates but I cannot do that with rare items. I think the key to collecting anime and manga is to collect the stuff you like, and if you see something interesting and you got some extra money get it. I got Yatsura DVD's 1-25 at a bookstore for next to nothing. It hurt to buy them but I am glad I did.

Usamimi I know how you feel about spending outrageous money on DVD's. I have a good enough collection I can avoid spending a fortune on any particular items. I usually have some part of the anime collection anyway.

A Plus my collection is not small. I still have not seen some of the DVD's in my collection. Some anime I bought I do not even like, but still own. Yet, I saw some Devil Hunter Yoko DVD's I might have to get even thought I have seen the series. Maybe when I retire or get in between jobs I will take advantage of this large collection I am building. Do you guys and girls have limits to what you will collect?
***^__^***