The Lucky Finds bragging thread

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: The Lucky Finds bragging thread

Post by usamimi »

OMG!! :shock: That is AWESOME! Where'd you get that??
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

usamimi wrote:Yeah, I don't think anyone really knows for sure except for Viz themselves. :?: They still have Ranma 1/2 listed as one of their main titles if you Google their website, though now they only show the manga in search results...(Though they still have "Monster" part 1 listed in their DVD box sets, even though they dropped the title and have no plans of releasing any more on dvd. *sigh*) So they're just being really confusing in general.

I have the movies, the first 3 seasons, and now no. 6 (6 was high on my to-get list because it seems to be one of the hardest ones to get a hold of now for a decent price). The others seem to be hovering over anywhere from $30-60 on any given day. The OAV box set seems the most expensive, I believe, at around $50-100+ depending on which version you're looking at (considering it's a lot shorter than any of the TV box sets). I was surprised at how much I saw some people trying to sell the box sets for when I was at A-kon last year--one guy was selling season 6 for $200! :shock:
Yeah I don't think they are THAT rare yet. You just have to wait to find them for a good price. I saw a whole set go for only like $150+ shipping recently.
_D_ wrote:How about something like this:

GOD. I want all of these cloth scrolls/door scrolls I keep seeing! They are redonk prices on eBay though, Yahoo Japan has them for alot cheaper it seems.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Not anime per se but these figures are extremely hard to find:

Limited Edition in pewter...
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Oh man, Ryoran, me too ;3; I want all those cloth banners/curtains I see on ebay *cries*

Nice find on the pewter figures! I think I remember seeing those before in the past at cons, but I haven't seen any in years!
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

I recently bought the Ranma 1/2 OAV DVD box set at Half Price for $19 (was $30, but I had a 40% off coupon). Which was a great price compared to the $60-$100 used ones online. And it still had the 6 special postcards in it. Unfortunately, the discs were pretty scratched, and the 2nd disc was finicky with playing in my DVD player. So I took it back today...but I kept the postcards. :lol: This set was also missing the bonus OP/ED themes so I'm holding off for the yellow cover boxset.

I was grateful to get it though, because now I have the postcards for my collection. :twisted:
animusubi
twitter | instagram
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Awww that's too bad. But pretty neat about the postcards, at least! :D

oh, I got something pretty cool right before my trip, I almost forgot: I got the Royal Space Force bluray/DVD box set on Amazon for less than $40. It was labeled as used, but when I got it, the only thing that had been opened was the bluray. I think someone must've watched it once & decided they didn't like it, because it was practically brand new. (and technically I used my trade in credit, so it was free, mwahahaha!)

Nitro and I also found something cool when we were looking around one of the Goodwills in WA, too:

A Morgan wallscroll! We had to mail it back to Texas because it was too big to fit inside our luggage, but even with shipping, it was cheaper than buying it brand new (The Morgan wallscrolls I found on ebay were like $40! :shock: )
Last edited by usamimi on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

I don't think the image showed up. O:
animusubi
twitter | instagram
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

oops, sorry, it should be viewable now. :oops:
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

Dang that is an awesome find! O:
animusubi
twitter | instagram
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Oh, that's Morrigan, not Morgan. From Dark Stalkers/Vampire Savior.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page