Want a good laugh?

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: Want a good laugh?

Post by usamimi »

I think some of the OAVs/movies, they blatantly expected you to have read the manga to know what was going on? It's been so long since I saw any of Kenshin that I really can't remember :oops:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by Heero »

Recap of how Kenshin goes:
(TV series) - "ends" with a largely forgettable filler series. I've heard that they were doing that while the manga finish and ratings tanked so it is forever unfinished
(Movie) - Stand-alone plot, much like any of the Naruto movies, doesn't end the story and can fit anywhere after the Kyoto arc
(OVAs) - 2 sets "Trust & Betrayal" and "Reflections", has a TOTALLY different style from the TV series. The first set is Kenshin's past set BEFORE the TV series and is a component to the final arc of the manga. The second set is "anime-only" (ie. not from the manga) and is supposed to tell the story of the end of Kenshin's life. Many people (that I disagree with) consider the first set to be brilliant and the second set is universally panned for being needlessly tragic. My OPINION is that they made the first set (based on manga story) and all the emo-tards thought "OMG, tragic love-story so beautiful" so the producers figured "why not give Kenshin a 'tragic' ending?" I think it's needless to say that I hate the OVAs even though the first set IS part of the canon story, but ripping it out by itself destroys the meaning and has created many fans that refuse to watch the TV series because it's not "as good" as the OVAs. (-_-)

(manga) - If you want the ACTUAL ending, read the manga. There's a whole "final" arc that fans have wanted animated for over a decade. It's pretty standard shounen fare, but wraps up lots of points and has one pretty shocking moment. There's also an epilogue that has Yahiko as Kenshin's successor.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Heero wrote: (manga) - If you want the ACTUAL ending, read the manga. There's a whole "final" arc that fans have wanted animated for over a decade. It's pretty standard shounen fare, but wraps up lots of points and has one pretty shocking moment. There's also an epilogue that has Yahiko as Kenshin's successor.
I actually still have the issue of Shounen Jump with the final chapter of Kenshin in it. The manga is by far the best version of the story, though I do love (most of) the anime for it's great cast and awesome music.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

usamimi wrote:I actually still have the issue of Shounen Jump with the final chapter of Kenshin in it. The manga is by far the best version of the story, though I do love (most of) the anime for it's great cast and awesome music.
I bought Judy And Mary's album "The Power Source" because their song Sobakasu ("Freckles") was the OP song.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

YES! That was my gateway into Judy & Mary, too, I loved their albums so much back in the day. I still have quite a few mp3s on my ipod.