Any Disneyland or Disney Nerd here?

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: Any Disneyland or Disney Nerd here?

Post by usamimi »

I've never been to any of the Disney parks, sadly, but I was already under the assumption it was like $100, so my feelings haven't changed. XD It is sad they raised the prices, but with that kind of place it's almost expected now...
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

So this past March, my father-in-law bought something at some store somewhere, and they had him reach his hand into a box to pull out a raffle ticket. He won two free adult passes for either Tokyo Disney Land or Disney Sea. So tonight, we will take the shinkansen to Tokyo and tomorrow I will visit the Mouse-eared Kingdom of Darkness for the first time. I couldn't care less if I ever went in my lifetime, but this will be something special for my daughter. She doesn't like Mickey either, but she likes Pixar stuff and that's all I care about too. Actually, all I really want to see there is the Star Wars attraction. If that's all I get to do, then I will be satisfied. (The Indiana Jones Adventure is actually at Disney Sea next door, but we can't do two theme parks in one day.) I'd like to see the Hall of Presidents at the Anaheim one, but of course that isn't here.

It will be cold and rainy tomorrow, and it being so close to Christmas, it will be especially packed. People always want to go to Disneyland at Christmastime here, ehrmigersh. Well, hopefully I will just get to do the Star Wars thingy, and maybe see some cool Marvel comics stuff there, too.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

So we went to Tokyo Disney Land over the weekend. I was thinking before we left, "Okay, so I know Disney sucks, and I really don't want to go there. But something tells me that once we get there, my attitude will change and I'll be pleasantly surprised." Well, nope. Disneyland still sucks. My friend back in Arizona gets an annual pass to go the Anaheim one, but as far as the Tokyo one goes, I see no point. It was pretty boring there. There is no sense of rich history like the one in Anaheim has. No hall of Presidents, etc. I thought, "Okay, at least Star Tours would be interesting. Maybe I can find some Disneyland-exclusive Star Wars crap to buy at the store there." But Star Tours had no store there. Maybe the one in Anaheim, but I don't know. I really wonder if the Tokyo Disneyland is smaller than the one in California. I did get a kick out of the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. It really makes me want to watch that movie again! I loved the part when they're in the swamp and the snake attacks them. It always reminded me of the trash compactor scene. I imagine Lucas got the idea of the monster in the trash compactor from Swiss Family Robinson.

So yeah, I wasn't too keen on the whole Disneyland experience. Maybe just the Japanese one is a letdown. I don't know. The rain didn't seem to help, either. We stood in line for 90 minutes or so to see the Haunted Mansion, which was a Nightmare Before Christmas puppet show ride. It was cool, I guess, but standing in the rain under our umbrellas sucked. Plus the light parade was cancelled due to the weather.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page