Closet Cleaned

Our own online marketplace!
gaijinpunch
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Closet Cleaned

Post by gaijinpunch »

First: I'm scheduled to go back to Japan in a few days, so would need to do any deals quick. I cleaned out the closet at my mother's request.

- I have a box of VHS/SVHS tapes (mainly subbed, probably more SVHS than not) if anyone is in to that kind of thing. I know some people were looking for them.

Condition varies. Ask if you're interested.

Anime: The Berkeley Journal of japanese Animation (Megazone 23 & Ranma on the cover)
Anime: The Berkeley Journal of japanese Animation (Nadia on the cover)
The Anime Reference Guide (Anime Expo '91)
The Anime Reference Guide (Anime Expo '92)
Anime Expo 94 Flyer (monochrome, Pirotess
Animag 9 (Venus Wars on cover)
Ninja High School S.T.D. (Exactly what it sounds like)
Midnight Eye 5
Appleseed Booke One Volume 5
Slient MObius Part 2 2
Orion 1
Dojinshi 2
Akira 28
Akira 29
Mecha Press May/June 1992
W.C.C Animation Comics Star Blazers Vol 2
W.C.C Animation Comics Star Blazers Vol 3
Let's Anime Summer 6 1994
Final Yamato Translation (Jeff Blend, Ardith Carlton, & Sue Shambaugh) -- basically a paraphrased translate of the movie

Japanese Stuff:
Space Cruiser Yamato Perfect Manual 1
Be Forever Yamato
Saraba Yamato Cell Book (bent)

Make me an offer if you want!
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Re: Closet Cleaned

Post by Daniel »

gaijinpunch wrote:I have a box of VHS/SVHS tapes (mainly subbed, probably more SVHS than not) if anyone is in to that kind of thing. I know some people were looking for them.
Any fansubs and/or TV recordings? I'd be interested in any tapes you may have that aren't official releases.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Ardith! Wow! That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Sue was on an online talk with the actors from Stargate Universe before it got canceled. I have a full transcript of that. I was on it too...
gaijinpunch

Post by gaijinpunch »

AnimeSennin wrote:
gaijinpunch wrote:I have a box of VHS/SVHS tapes (mainly subbed, probably more SVHS than not) if anyone is in to that kind of thing. I know some people were looking for them.
Any fansubs and/or TV recordings? I'd be interested in any tapes you may have that aren't official releases.
I'd have to look... I will make a list by tomorrow. Some aren't labelled as subs though, so gotta pop them in and test. Most of it is licensed though, I think.
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

Anime: The Berkeley Journal of japanese Animation (Megazone 23 & Ranma on the cover)

Not sure how much to offer on this, but if it's Ranma I need to have it.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

I'm interested in any magazines (Mecha Press, Animag, Berkeley, etc) you have, other than the ones Ryoran has dibs on.

I guess I'll offer you $10 for all of those magazines to kick things off.
gaijinpunch

Post by gaijinpunch »

Yo

What can I expect to pay in shipping a book like that? I guess for the single book, $5 + shipping?

I'm cool w/ $10 for the other 4 is it?

Here is the list of VHS tapes. Note that I'm going off of their labels. I can't guarantee they're 100% accurate (although I think they are) and can't comment on the quality. These tapes are (ack) 20 years old in some cases. Most of the SVHS ones are straight off of LD, but might have been eaten by air. Note that I can't even play these, so note that they could be in shambles.

One of the sadder ones that was unlabeled was an original product: Yamato 2520. I think it was translated by me w/ the help of a Japanese friend (after I had only lived in Japan for like 3 months on a study abroad) so the quality of the script was a bit of a turd, to match the quality of the show. It was only the intro though, and I had quickly stopped recording. Bummer. The fruits of my labor, lost in time.

In my boxes, I also had printouts of my correspondence with some people on Fidonet trading VHS tapes. Crazy.

SVHS
- Crusher Joe: Ice Prison Hell (Sub) / Gundam 0083: Starudst Memory 13 (Sub)
- Koko ha Greenwood 1-4 (Subtitled)
- You're Under Arrested (Subtitled) (Unknown episode #'s)
- Patlabor P-6 (subtitled)
- Patlabor P-8 (subtitled)
- Patlabor P-12 (subtitled)
- Orgus II 1-4 (subtitled)
- Super Dimension Century Orgus 02 1-4 (Subtitled)
- Yoma: The Evil Entity 1-2 (Subtitled) / Yotoden 1 (Subtitled)
- JASD 801 TTS 1-3 (Subtitled)
- Ranma 72, 76, 82, 83, 102 (Sub?)
- Orange Road: I Was a Cat: I Was a Fish, Huriccane! Transformation Girl Akane, Unexpected Situation (sub?)
- Orange Road: 25-28 (Subtitled)
- Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket 5-6 (Subtitled)
- Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory 1-4 (pretty sure this is subbed)
- Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory 5-8 (pretty sure this is subbed)
- Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory 9-12 (pretty sure this is subbed)
- Mihoshi Special / Ginrei Special / Ranma 31 (probably none subtitled, not sure)
- The Five Star Stories (Subtitled) / Black Jack 3 (subtitled)
- Rose of Versailles 1-2 (Sub) / Yotoden 2 (Sub) / BLazing Transfer Student 1 (Sub)
- Gatchaman OVA 1 (sub) / Please Save My Heart 1-2 (Sub)
- Zeta Gundam (unsubtitled) across a few SVHS tapes in I think EP mode
- Gunsmith Cats #1 / City Hunger $1,000,000 Conspiracy, Ranma 1/2 OVA 4 (Subtitled)

VHS
- Otaku no Video 1 & 2 (Subtitled)
- Cat Girl Nuku Nuku (1-4?) (Subtitled)
- Angel's Egg (subtitled)
- Time Stranger (Subtitled)
- They Were Eleven (US Manga Corp Official - no box)
- Doomed Megalopolis (Official - no box)
- Final Yamato (Subtitled?)
- Nauiscaa (Off lD copy -- Sub?)
- Iczer-1: Special Edition (subtitled) / Rumik World: Legend of Leda (Subtitled)
- Gatchaman (Subtitled)
- Gall Force II & III (subtitled)
- Manie Manie, Ryokunohara Labyrinth, RG Veda (most likely only Manie Manie is subbed)
- Maison Ikkoku 53-56 (Subtitled)
- Liguid Television (okay, not anime, but still...)
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

So...are the SVHS actually recordings/fansubs? I'm kind of interested in any of the Ranma ones if they are completely different from the Viz subtitled versions, because I've always wanted to see Ranma in it's original format.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
gaijinpunch

Post by gaijinpunch »

Ranma stuff is all fansub... before Viz put anything out actually. I think the one tape w/ the 5 episodes here and there has no subs, but the one w/ episode 31 does from memory. Wonder if I'd be able to tell by playing it in a normal VHS deck.
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

I'm interested in the non-official tapes for archival purposes. Well, I'm interested in everything old for archival purposes, but somehow I'm particularly interested in tapes. I did some feature on Dragonball fansubs earlier: http://animepast.net/Time_Capsule/Fansu ... sub_Tapes/

How about $75 for all the non-official tapes? I can give you back digital (DVD?) copies of some form as well, if you wanted them.

Chevi: I'd like to get my hands on the Ranma tapes as well, but I'm sure we can work something out. Perhaps, if it sounds good to you, I would take the tapes but then send you copies of the Ranma stuff. Or, once I've digitized the tapes, you could have the physical tapes if you wanted them. Note that the Ranma tapes are in SVHS format, so if you don't have/get an SVHS deck you won't be able to play them.