What are you currently watching on tv?

Non-anime/manga-related TV, movies, books, and comics, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: What are you currently watching on tv?

Post by llj »

Get a Life! I used to follow that show pretty loyally. I was probably the only kid in my school who did. I'm not sure I "got" all the humour, but I got enough of it to find it consistently funny. It was definitely ahead of its time.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Most of the people I know are now using XBMC and their PC or tablets to catch up on TV that they missed. Dunno if any of you that have moved back to Japan have also done so. I guess it depends on your high speed Internet connection.

Also, any idea if IPTV boxes are available for TV in Japan? I've seen them mostly for China but now some other countries also have them or have channels on the Chinese one. Since we have such a large Chinese population in Southern Ontario (400K of 6 Million people) the boxes are easily available. The latest ones contain a PVR function so you no longer have to sit up late to watch favourite shows. I did try to stream Japanese TV through Keyhole Tv and other online services but it doesn't work well as there aren't enough users. Since this is a form of torrent tech, the more users of any particular channel means a better viewing experience.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2012-New ... 40017.html

Says Japanese channels available but doesn't say which ones...

One last question...is Turner Classic Movies available on cable or satellite in Japan? This would have been my bud's favourite channel since it would have shown movies from the eras he loved best...
Last edited by _D_ on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Perfect Strangers, oh man. XD I used to watch that with my parents all the time, I remember it was part of the "TGIF" line up, right? MEMORIES~ :mrgreen:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

http://nothingsgonnastopmenow.com/

Make sure your volume is on so you can hear the music.
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

I blame the latest HIMYM episode...it finally got me to watch Downton Abbey. Now I know what all the hubbub is. :lol: I'm only on episode 4 of season 2, but I'm enjoying it so far!
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

I don't watch much tv at all (many days it doesn't even get turned on) but when its on air I always make sure to watch Game of Thrones. New season starts Saturday, can't wait. I've been a fan of the series since 1998 and its so nice to be able to talk about it with people now.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

I keep thinking about starting Downton because SO MANY of my friends seem to love it. One of these days, maybe...(I still haven't finished watching all of Sherlock, lol).

Netflix FINALLY put up season 5 of Mad Men and I've already watched the first 5 or 6 eps. Gotta get caught up before the new season!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

I got the first couple episodes of Defiance downloaded, but haven't gotten around to watching them yet. I mainly got interested in watching it because the alien girl is played by the same actress who starred in Mirrormask (one of my favorite movies!). I'm so behind on my other shows though (mainly Supernatural and Arrow) so I just haven't gotten around to it.

I've been a bit obsessed with The Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I used to be a Conan fan, I still am, but I kinda fell out of watching him because there's something missing from his show now that he's been on TBS. And I enjoy the randomness of Craig Ferguson's show ALOT.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Watched the first 3 episodes of Orphan Black. The copies from Space Channel are uncut. I must watch the BBC America channel to see if they cut them for nudity, language and violence. But...it's a good series. Interesting how (apparently) the sensibilities of Brits and Canadians can take the themes in series like this on OTA TV or regular cable but that most Americans cannot...at least according to focus groups and the FCC. Sad in a way...
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Definitely want to see the 2nd season of Mortal Kombat Legacy. Trailer is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3jrR5XMSU