Summer Movies 2013

Non-anime/manga-related TV, movies, books, and comics, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Re: Summer Movies 2013

Post by _D_ »

Can't believe Grown Ups 2 with Adam Sandler made more money this past weekend than Pacific Rim...in America/Canada at least. Overseas though PR smoked GU2 since most people probably won't get the American humour. This will all be moot in the future as it is predicted that China will take over from the US as the biggest market for films within the next 5 to 10 years. Lower ticket prices but lots more people...
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Just came back from The Wolverine. Pretty good flick with some interesting fight scenes. Don't walk out before the Xtra scene when the end credits roll...

Also want to check out Seventh Son, based on the book "The Spook's Apprentice", part of the Wardstone Chronicles books. Haven't been able to put them down since I started to read them a couple days ago. I went through "The Spook's Stories" in 1 day and that book was 450 pages long (though profusely illustrated). That book is a who's who of the monsters and other characters in the books. Great reading! The film trailer is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyZAooQBDrY

Although little of the first book seems to be in this trailer at all, it still might end up being a good watch. Time will tell...
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

I loved The Wolverine. Totally erased the horrible origins movie, this one should've been that movie. I've been waiting years for them to do the Japanese origin story with Wolverine, and it was everything I had hoped for.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram