Summer Movies 2013

Non-anime/manga-related TV, movies, books, and comics, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Re: Summer Movies 2013

Post by _D_ »

greg wrote:
_D_ wrote:According to leaks from online sources, Disney has no plans to go with the Zahn books so all this back story and new characters will not exist. Canon will come from the movies and TV series and that's it. Only thing I would like to see is Ahsoka Tano's future self. The final episodes of Clone Wars gives the reveal as to why she is not in the movies but they could easily pick up on her years after the events of the original trilogy. Time will tell I suppose...
Well, she gets decapitated, right? If you watch the supplemental material on the DVD for Episode III, she'd been captured and that General what's-his-name-lizard-cyborg-guy kills her with a lightsaber. The old Clone Wars cartoon had her and a few other Jedi trying to rescue Palpatine from that guy, and he killed them all and captured her.

No, they wouldn't be clever enough to use Zahn's Heir to the Empire book trilogy. Despite that "hot chocolate" reference, those books were fantastic and did a far better job capturing what a real Star Wars trilogy should look and feel like than the prequels. Plus, Hamil, Fisher, and Ford are much older to play their parts as they were supposed to be in the Zahn books, which was 6 years or so after ROTJ.

Are they even going to be in these new movies? They would do well to not even include the continuity of the prequels in these movies, unless it's just a very vague reference like a space ship or something. The second they mention Gungans, Midichlorians, virgin births, or any of that crap, I bet a whole lot of people will just walk out of the theaters.
Hmmm...I musta missed something. This from Wikipedia on the character:

"Ahsoka most likely survives the Clone Wars, as director Dave Filoni stated in an interview that he was all for Ahsoka living past the Clone Wars."
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

Watched Star Trek Into Darkness last night! Absolutely loved it, even though I was only running on 2 hs of sleep. Haha!
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

<STAR TREK SPOILER>

I found out the movie is about Khan. I was disappointed about them having to rehash an old character instead of using their imagination to invent a new villain.

So how much of the movie takes place on Earth and not outer space?
Last edited by greg on Thu May 23, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: My hovercraft is full of eels.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

greg wrote:I found out the movie is about Khan. I was disappointed about them having to rehash an old character instead of using their imagination to invent a new villain.

So how much of the movie takes place on Earth and not outer space?
I'd probably mark that as a spoiler if no one has seen the movie, since I was surprised about it. :lol:

Mmm...not much of it stays on Earth. Probably just the first 20/30 mins...? I actually hadn't seen the original with [insert badguy name here] so I didn't mind much. I'm a baby so the movie made me cry. :cry:
animusubi
twitter | instagram
_D_

Post by _D_ »

About Time!!

MACHETE KILLS!!

http://www.imdb.com/list/TB56Gm1AqRw/?r ... p_vi1#lb-1

YESSSSS!!!!!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

I am SUPER looking forward to Machete Kills! The first one was so much fun. XD
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Interview with del Toro on Pacific Rim:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2013/ ... -toro.html
_D_

Post by _D_ »

usamimi wrote:I am SUPER looking forward to Machete Kills! The first one was so much fun. XD
Apparently Machete in Space is the title of the third instalment. Originally it was Machete Kills...Again.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

_D_ wrote:
usamimi wrote:I am SUPER looking forward to Machete Kills! The first one was so much fun. XD
Apparently Machete in Space is the title of the third instalment. Originally it was Machete Kills...Again.
haha, awesome! XD
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

Went to the drive in a week ago or so, and finally saw Iron Man 3 and Monsters U (double feature!). I really enjoyed both movies. Monsters U made me appreciate and love Monster's Inc. more, and Iron Man 3 was just fantastic~
animusubi
twitter | instagram