Sega Dreamcast Love

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

Re: Sega Dreamcast Love

Post by ParaParaJMo »

It came out in Nov 1998 in Japan. Shortly after, gamezone had them for sale. They were selling them for $250, $50 more expensive than the American launch price that Bernie Stolar fought for.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

It's been a while since I fired up a game console, but recently I started playing Maken X some more. I remember people were disappointed when it came out that it was a first person shooter, minus the shooting. The gameplay isn't the greatest, but it is a fun game. Now I'm fighting against these weird Nazi guys with butterfly wings. And exploding dogs.

I also recently bought King of Fighters 2002. I played that for a little bit last night. So far, any differences between this game and others (minus a few different characters) are invisible to me. The art style for the character designs in 2001 were pretty terrible, but they fortunately rectified that with 2002.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

Post by ParaParaJMo »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Shenmue 3 has a kickstarter and it exceeded its goal within less than 24 hours.

I donated about $100
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

ParaParaJMo wrote:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Shenmue 3 has a kickstarter and it exceeded its goal within less than 24 hours.

I donated about $100
I'm so excited about this!! I literally never thought it would happen, it's so cool!

I also can't believe someone actually donated towards the $10,000 tier to get that jacket, holy crap.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg

Post by greg »

ParaParaJMo wrote:I donated about $100
:shock: Wow. I hope you could afford to do so.

I just found out about this kickstarter when somebody spammed my YouTube channel about it this morning.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

I am so happy that Shenmue 3 is actually happening! I had given up hope for this story to ever reach its conclusion, and can't wait for this game's release.

Between this and the Final Fantasy VII remake, I am suddenly leaning very heavily towards purchasing a PlayStation 4...
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Kame-Sen'nin wrote:I am so happy that Shenmue 3 is actually happening! I had given up hope for this story to ever reach its conclusion, and can't wait for this game's release.

Between this and the Final Fantasy VII remake, I am suddenly leaning very heavily towards purchasing a PlayStation 4...
Nitro and I were thinking the same thing! I think we'd still wait until it was closer to Shenmue 3 actually being released first, though... :lol:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Kame-Sen'nin

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

usamimi wrote:
Kame-Sen'nin wrote:I am so happy that Shenmue 3 is actually happening! I had given up hope for this story to ever reach its conclusion, and can't wait for this game's release.

Nitro and I were thinking the same thing! I think we'd still wait until it was closer to Shenmue 3 actually being released first, though... :lol:
:lol: We are definitely thinking alike on this! As Shenmue 3 approaches, hopefully the system will have another price drop or two!
greg

Post by greg »

On Wednesday, my coworker friend and I worked at a kindergarten and after that was finished at 2pm, I invited him over to my place to play some Dreamcast games. He's about 10 years younger than me, but he loves Sega consoles. We played Dynamite Deka 2, Gigawing 2, Gunbird 2, Last Blade 2, and King of Fighters 2000.

I need to get my Xbox working again and play some other KOF games, as well as SNK vs. Capcom.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Kame-Sen'nin

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

greg wrote:On Wednesday, my coworker friend and I worked at a kindergarten and after that was finished at 2pm, I invited him over to my place to play some Dreamcast games. He's about 10 years younger than me, but he loves Sega consoles. We played Dynamite Deka 2, Gigawing 2, Gunbird 2, Last Blade 2, and King of Fighters 2000.

I need to get my Xbox working again and play some other KOF games, as well as SNK vs. Capcom.
Very good choices! I have to admit though, I'm not sure that I've played a King of Fighters game past KoF '99. :oops: