YouTubers React to Japanese Commercials (Ep #9)

Discuss anything and everything relating to that fascinating island empire of the east
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

YouTubers React to Japanese Commercials (Ep #9)

Post by kndy »

Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Re: YouTubers React to Japanese Commercials (Ep #9)

Post by Path »

Very nice. You know you've been into Japanese media too long when you don't even bat an eye during commercials like that. I remember watching an infomercial on Keyhole once about razors. They proceeded to shave fruit (such smooth peaches!) and other odd objects. I've also seen things like the Shamwow one dubbed into Japanese.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Haha, hilarious! I've seen that pasta sauce commercial before, it is pretty freaky when you first watch it. :lol:
Though I did facepalm a bit when the woman was like "Well, silverware's probably weird to the Japanese because they use chopsticks!"....yeah. Because they eat EVERYTHING with chopsticks over there.... :roll:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

usamimi wrote:Though I did facepalm a bit when the woman was like "Well, silverware's probably weird to the Japanese because they use chopsticks!"....yeah. Because they eat EVERYTHING with chopsticks over there.... :roll:
Oh tell me about it! My dimwitted aunt actually believed that there is no such thing as bread in Japan. I told her that the bakeries here blow away anything she's seen in America (or Arizona, at least), and she was dumbfounded.

The only YouTuber I recognized in that video was PewDiePie. He is Swedish and he plays incredibly scary survival horror games. He freaks out and says hilarious stuff. Like one game there was a room of naked corpses, and two were piled on top of each other, and he said, "Bill and Jenny finally overcame their relationship issues." He's a hoot. Incredibly addicting, so I had to stop watching. I'm too scared to play those games by myself.

That channel started doing "kids react to viral videos" and apparently they're branching out. I haven't checked out that channel in a long time. I followed some of the links and found something interesting. Check out the elderly folks reacting to Vocaloid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=wHhluDhVtjU
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:Oh tell me about it! My dimwitted aunt actually believed that there is no such thing as bread in Japan. I told her that the bakeries here blow away anything she's seen in America (or Arizona, at least), and she was dumbfounded.
omg, Japanese baked goods are like...the best thing ever. ;___; Whenever I'm back in Seattle, and we visit the international district, one of the first things I want to do is go buy some melon pan, curry pan, cream pan...lol ALL THE PANS! XD

kndy linked to the Vocaloid ones in another post, I think. I'll have to watch those next!
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Yeah, my only complaint is the lack of true whole grain breads (Japanese seem very hesitant about eating healthy, non-white bread) and REAL COOKIES fresh from the bakery. Sure, Japan has things called "cookies" that come in packages, but I only really like freshly baked cookies, like from Mrs. Fields or Paradise Bakery. I haven't had a real cookie in over a year and a half now. (Although I do love those Canadian maple cookies that come in a box. Those are like heroin to me and I can't stop eating them.)
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Yeah, I heard that wheat bread and wheat products in general were pretty rare over there. I wonder why that is...

That seems to be a common complaint from my friends who live or stayed in Japan: no true "American" cookies to be found. But then again, Japan's always seemed kind of weird about Western foods...some they latch onto, others they seem mystified about. (I was surprised to hear that they have a fair amount of cold cereals available, but they're a hard sell because apparently it's an acquired taste XD)