Post by Animusubi »

animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: Sailor Moon video game for Wii/Wii U Petition

Post by usamimi »

That would be interesting...Is this for a company in Japan, or America?
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

I would assume for a company in Japan. I guess France got a DS Sailor Moon game a few years ago, though, so not sure. XD;; I think maybe they are jumping the gun though, the Sailor Moon 2014 series hasn't released yet, and more than likely they'll make some new tie in games. And from there they can petition for localization. Of course they won't make a new game now, at least, it doesn't really make sense, unless they wanted to make something to tie in before the show comes out.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

ryoran wrote:I guess France got a DS Sailor Moon game a few years ago,
That's interesting, because France also got the first Sailor Moon game for the Super Famicom. It was never released for the SNES in English.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

ryoran wrote:I would assume for a company in Japan. I guess France got a DS Sailor Moon game a few years ago, though, so not sure. XD;; I think maybe they are jumping the gun though, the Sailor Moon 2014 series hasn't released yet, and more than likely they'll make some new tie in games. And from there they can petition for localization. Of course they won't make a new game now, at least, it doesn't really make sense, unless they wanted to make something to tie in before the show comes out.
Ah, the DS game made in Italy: http://www.amazon.com/Sailor-Moon-Splen ... d_sxp_f_pt

Well, they made that there because they've been airing the cartoon again, as well as selling new toys, dolls, and merch. Italy's been one step ahead of the US in new Sailor Moon stuff for the past few years, it seems. (Probably because it's selling pretty well.) I heard the game wasn't that great, though...probably because it was nothing like most of the Japanese games that have come out over the years.

Ah, see, that's why I was confused....it sounds like fans are getting ahead of themselves and made a petition begging for someone to make a game, rather than to bring over a game that was already made, correct? I can understand wanting more Sailor Moon games, since other than that Italian one, we haven't had any for years...but where are they going to send that petition once they have however many signatures they think they'll need? Are they just going to email it to every video game company and hope they'll listen? I don't know how effective that would really be... :?
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

I hope if they do make it...not like the crappy game I purchased for a lot of money..."Sailor Moon Supers"....what a big blow when I took that game home and it sucked! I think the Sailor Moon that I really enjoyed was for the 3D0 back then.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

I loved the SNES Sailor Moon games. The SuperS one was the fighting game, right? I remember it being not that great, either. :oops:
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Yeah, the brawler type Sailor Moon games, Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R for the SNES/SFC, were fun. (By brawler I mean Final Fight/Double Dragon type games.) I own those two. Some SM puzzle games for the SFC are great fun, too. I recently bought another SFC game called Panic in Nakayoshi World that is somewhat of a Bomberman type of game. It features Sailor Moon and some other shoujo manga characters.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

usamimi wrote:I loved the SNES Sailor Moon games. The SuperS one was the fighting game, right? I remember it being not that great, either. :oops:
It was for the PSX and the first attempt to take Sailor Moon to polygon graphics instead of a 2D fighter like it was for the 3DO. Man, it was so bad...I was livid when I got home because I spent $75 for it.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Yeah, I remember once at my high school anime club someone brought it with their modded PSX and I was ecstatic about it...but that was back in, what, 97 or 98. :lol: Looking at it now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ymT-tXfeo Yeah, even for it's time, it was pretty weird looking.

Sailor Moon was one of those series where it was REALLY hard to get the character designs to look good in 3D. (I mean, I LOVE Sailor Moon, but some of the figures and toys they made were just hideous looking because they just didn't seem to get the character designs right.)