The Anime Nostalgia Podcast & Blog

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Re: The Anime Nostalgia Podcast & Blog

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

I'm a little late to post, but great work on the two newest episodes usamimi! I particularly enjoyed the Ghost in the Shell episode! I loved the first movie, and it seemed to be one of the "essential" titles to watch in the mid-to-late-nineties. I've never really explored the other Ghost in the Shell titles, but I've been encouraged to explore these a bit after listening.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Kame-Sen'nin wrote:I'm a little late to post, but great work on the two newest episodes usamimi! I particularly enjoyed the Ghost in the Shell episode! I loved the first movie, and it seemed to be one of the "essential" titles to watch in the mid-to-late-nineties. I've never really explored the other Ghost in the Shell titles, but I've been encouraged to explore these a bit after listening.
Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed them! For years, I was only ever really invested in the first movie. (Like you said, it was one of those movies that was basically on everyone's "essential" list.) It wasn't until I finally read the manga that I felt like exploring the rest of the franchise. The second movie is especially well-done, though like we mentioned, it's pretty dialogue-heavy in comparison to the first one or the TV series. But I definitely recommend giving it a try if you're in the right mindset to watch it!

I've been kinda sad that Shirow's strayed from writing cool stories with kick-ass ladies to doing mostly just pin-up art nowadays. :/ But at least we still have the original GitS, Appleseed, and Tank Police.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

New episode is up! Talkin' about favorite op & end themes: http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/6 ... cast-ep-08
Kame-Sen'nin

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

usamimi wrote:New episode is up! Talkin' about favorite op & end themes: http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/6 ... cast-ep-08
I finally had a chance to listen to this episode and really enjoyed it! The statement regarding theme songs being the "gateway drug" that gets a person interested in anime music is a fantastic analogy. :lol:

All three of you did a great job on this episode!
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Aww, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

I'm working on a year in review episode for December, and possibly one more review ep too before new years. Depends on how much time I'll have, heh.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

New episode is up! Year in review: http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/7 ... cast-ep-09

I would've put the link here sooner but I've been nursing a migraine almost all day. T__T Finally feeling better now, though.
Kame-Sen'nin

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

I just had a chance to listen to the latest episode, and I absolutely loved it!!!

I can't believe how many releases have come out or been announced this year that I was unaware of. This episode of the podcast is going to cause me to buy quite a few DVDs and Blu-Rays! In particular, I think I need to pick up Lupin the Third: The Mystery of Mamo. That unknown dub you mentioned in the show really piqued my interest.

Of all the upcoming releases, I am most excited about the Ranma 1/2 Blu-Ray release from Viz and the Dr. Slump Movie box set from Discotek. Hopefully both will sell well!

Congratulations on a successful first year of podcasting, and best of luck to you in the future! I am looking forward to another year of the Anime Nostalgia Podcast!
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Thanks, Kame! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to those releases, myself. (My wallet sure isn't, though! :lol: ) The scary thing is that there were MANY releases/announcements that I DIDN'T HAVE TIME to talk about! We've been getting some pretty good re-releases lately, it's pretty awesome.
UniQueLyEviL
Anime Fan Since: Sci Fi Saturday Morning Anime

Post by UniQueLyEviL »

OooOoh I have some podcast catching up to do! ^_^

To my surprise I was already following the tumblr, now to consume the pods. :P
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

UniQueLyEviL wrote:OooOoh I have some podcast catching up to do! ^_^