V.Max - The Anime & Manga Newsletter/Journal

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

V.Max - The Anime & Manga Newsletter/Journal

Post by kndy »

In 1991, Matthew Anacleto and Chris Keller made a professional upgrade of A.N.I.M.E.'s "V.Max - The Anime & Manga Newsletter" to "V.Max - The Anime & Manga Journal".

V.Max went through several changes. Vol. 1, issue #9 was the final magazine published under the auspices of Newtype Press and Vol. 2, issue 1 became a quarterly published by R. Talsorian Games, Inc. And included RTG's line of anime-style games such as "Mekton Z" and "Teenagers from Outer Space".

---
I didn't find V.Max at our local shop all that much and for a thinner anime publication, it was $4.50, and because there were quite a few publications by then, I opted for anime publications that offered more pages and were also a bit cheaper. But I did purchase a few issues. I probably may have enjoyed the older volume 1 issues, If I could find them... or even the newsletters.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Re: V.Max - The Anime & Manga Newsletter/Journal

Post by _D_ »

kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

_D_ wrote:Image
Hi D_,

How were the earlier years of V.Max?
Kid Fenris
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kid Fenris »

Wow, a magazine that mentions VAMPIRE WARS on the cover. Never thought I'd see that.